Important Internet Links
The following are Internet Links that bring you to important (and some not so important) websites that may be of interest to you. Please add onto this list. Once it gets longer, we can break it up into sections to make it easier to navigate.
· hyattsville Organization for a Positive Environment (H.O.P.E.) The premiere community listserv...open to all!
Hyattsville Safe City Alert - Sign up today and start receiving important alerts on local public safety issues that could affect your home, business or facility.
· Hyattsville Patch Think of this as your electronic newspaper. Daily articles, event listing, maps, service and restaurant reviews and more. http://www.hyattsville.patch.com
· Maryland Historical Trust Website for info for help in fixing up historic homes
· Hyattsville Volunteer Fire Department Website for the volunteer fire, rescue and EMS department serving the
citizens of Hyattsville since 1888. http://www.hvfd.com
*****Crime Fighting/Police Links*****
Hyattsville Police Department
TTY (hearing impaired): 301-985-5039
· Neighborhood Crime Watch - Learn what you can do to help fight crime on your block.
· Stop Graffiti Tagging - Help stop graffiti tagging in Hyattsville! Councilman Will Campos has set up a program
to help rid the area of grafitti and gang tags. A messy, broken-down, and unkempt environment encourages
crime! If you see graffiti in town, report it by calling (301) 699-2980 or emailing email@example.com. The
county uses industrial spraying equipment to clean or cover-up this nuisance.
· Watch Your Car - If you don't normally drive your car between the hours of 1am and 5 am, sign up for the "Maryland Watch Your Car" program. It authorizes police to pull the car over for no reason other than your car being driven during odd hours.
· Vehicle Theft Prevention Tips - Get information on a cheap $10 steering wheel lock available form the hyattsville Police Dept. and view some valuable auto theft prevention tips.
· Hyattsville Monthly Crime Reports- Crime Reports back to January of 2001.
· Prince Georges County Police Department - Contact numbers for the Prince George's County Police. Maryland State Police Barrack Q: College Park - (301) 345-3101
· METRO Transit Police - Web page for the WMATA police force.
· Prince George's Most Wanted -Take a good look at these "most wanted" photos. If you call the PG Police at 1-866-643-2369 with a tip that leads to the arrest of any of these individuals, you will get a $1,000 reward. You can remain completely anonymous.
· Report Illegal Weapons -If you know of someone who is carrying or selling an illegal weapon, call 1-866-643-
2369. You will remain anonymous and if your tip leads to an arrest, you get a $1,000 reward.
· Sex Offender Registry- View the Maryland Sex Offender Registry.
· Prince George's Exile - A Washington Post article about the new Prince George's Exile program designed to impose tough penalties on offenders who commit crimes with illegal firearms or convicted felons who even posses firearms. Previously convicted felons account for the vast majority of gun crimes, yet are barred from ownership of guns in Maryland (and most states).
*****Need stuff/Get rid of stuff*****
· GLUT Food Co-Op Good for you food in Mt. Rainier.