Make your resume! Before you go any further in your job search, stop by the Career Development Center
at Hamline University. There they can help you create a resume and assist you regarding the application process.
You should also think about what kinds of jobs interest you, schedules that would work best for you, etc.
Once you have created a resume you may then proceed to finding a job that you are best suited for.
To get your job searching juices flowing, here are some career fields that social justice majors commonly go into, though there is of course many more:
For even more in depth career path insights, please visit the Peace Wheel page. It is a wheel designed for Peace Studies majors at the Kroc Institute, but offers a lot of helpful insights for Hamline Social Justice majors.
- Education (k-12, High School)
- Law - International Law, Health Law, Labour Law,
Intellectual Property Law, Human Rights Law, Lobbying
- Public policy analysts
- Conflict resolution specialists
- Alternative media/Journalism
- Social work
- Civil / public service
- International development
- Ministry / clergy
- Foreign service
- Political-risk analysis departments of corporations
with overseas interests
- Advocacy work through non-governmental organizations or
social activism in the areas of human rights, third world development,
environmental protection, conflict resolution, health, and minority
- Community organizing
- Environmental advocacy organizations
- Affirmative action officer
- International aid worker
- Industrial relations coordinator
- Organizational psychologist
- Human services
- Youth counselor
- Technical writer
- Legal descriptive writer