2100 Stevens Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
To teach youth to succeed in all of life’s races
To build a community of caring relationships in support of our youth
Our Core Values
Youth The Power of Positive Relationships Positive Behaviors
Our Track Record
80 percent of Bolder Options youth have not offended or re-offended
since completing the program.
Here’s how Bolder Options’ running and biking programs work to help
both mentors and youth succeed:
• We match individuals aged 10-14 (recommended by schools, truancy
agencies and the Hennepin County juvenile justice system) with a
volunteer mentor. The youth and mentor begin a one-year relationship.
• The youth and mentor meet 2-4 hours a week for one year to run or
bike together, attend program meetings, volunteer in the community,
participate in group activities and work on goal setting.
• In the running program, the youth and mentor run three 5K races.
• Matched pairs in the biking program participate in three cycling
• Running or biking expertise not required!|