- An incisional hernia occurs in an area of weakness caused by an incompletely-healed surgical wound. Since median incisions in the abdomen are frequent for abdominal exploratory surgery, ventral incisional hernias are termed ventral hernias.
- which occurs at the site of a surgical incision, usually abdominal
- When an abdominal incision does not heal properly, a defect in the fascia (the strong tissues that surround the abdominal muscles) may form. The intestine, or other abdominal organs, may then protrude through this defect. This may cause pain or discomfort, in addition to a visible bulge.
- A return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength
- return to an original state; "the recovery of the forest after the fire was surprisingly rapid"
- The action of regaining or securing compensation or money lost or spent by means of a legal process or subsequent profits
- the act of regaining or saving something lost (or in danger of becoming lost)
- The action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost
- convalescence: gradual healing (through rest) after sickness or injury
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
Recovery in the rain
Ford Recovery Truck on Trafalgar Square London during a downpour.
I managed to get under Admiralty Arch and stay dry while getting some more shots!
Results of emergency surgery, incisional hernia, 90lb weight loss, and 3 babies