from Ball, Complete Book of Home Preserving
1 cinnamon stick (about 3" long, broken into pieces)
2 tsp whole cloves
12 c sliced, pitted, peeled peaches (treated to prevent browning and drained)
2 c finely chopped cored peeled apples (treated to prevent browning and drained)
2 2/3 c sugar
1 c golden raisins
2 tbsp lemon zest
1/2 c lemon juice
1/4 c white vinegar
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Tie up the cinnamon and cloves in a square of cheesecloth to create a spice bag.
2. In a large stainless steel saucepan combine all ingredients. Bring to boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce heat, cover and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until thickened (about 10 minutes).
4. Meanwhile prepare canner, jars, and lids. See Canning Basics.
5. Ladle hot filling into jars, leaving 1" headspace. Wipe rims and secure lids.
Process for 15 minutes in hot water bath canner.
Makes 4 pints (I scaled the recipe up to make 6 pints). Each pint will fill 1 double crust pie.