ROASTED TOMATO PESTO PHILLY PASTA by The Hungry Housewife
- 1 pound(s) of Pasta of choice
- 2 pound(s) of Pints, Grape Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup(s) of Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp. of Butter
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 8 ounce(s) of Prepared Basil Pesto
- 8 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) of Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup(s) of Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bring pasta water to boil and cook per package directions.
- In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pour the tomatoes on to it.
- Add the pine nuts into a small oven proof skillet.
- Place the tomatoes and the pine nuts into the preheated oven.
- Remove the pine nuts after 5 minutes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic to the butter and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Take your jar of pesto and pour off any excess oil. Pour into the skillet and mix.
- Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and mix until it is smooth.
- Stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- Stir in the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sauce simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and toss with the pasta.
- Pour into a serving dish
- Top with the toasted Pine Nuts.
- Finish the dish with a nice drizzle of Balsamic Glaze.