Jumping for Joy Philly Peas by The Hungry Housewife
Leslie's Jumping For Joy Philly Peas
6 pieces of bacon, chopped3 Shallots, thinly sliced2 tbsp. of Butter2 tbsp. of Flour1 cup(s) of Chicken Stock4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened1 pound(s) of Peas, frozen or Fresh2 pinch of Salt2 pinch of Pepper
- Pre heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add bacon and sauté until crispy
- Remove 1 tablespoon of the crispy bacon (as garnish) and set aside.
- Add the sliced shallots and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Turn down the heat to medium.
- Add the flour and cook it for 2 minutes, stirring continuously
- Add the chicken stock and stir until a nice sauce forms
- Add the Philadelphia Cream Cheese and stir until incorporated into sauce.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour in serving dish and top with reserved bacon.
- DIG IN!