I'm working as Director of Threat Research at Shape Security.
I worked as Research Scientist at DataVisor on big data anti-fraud, big data infrastructure and infrastructure security.
I worked as Staff Engineer with Lenx Tao Wei Dawn Song and Zheng Bu at FireEye on mobile security research and development, after our mobile security startup Ensighta got acquired by FireEye.
I worked with Professor Dawn Song on mobile security at UC Berkeley.
I got my Ph.D. in computer science, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. My advisor is Professor Sam King.
Research area: operating system, web browser, mobile security, big data security.
I am interested in applying system mechanisms from operating system, network and programming language fields to improve end user environments in aspects such as security, performance and reliability.
Email: huixue dot uiuc at gmail dot com
- Chuangang Ren, Yulong Zhang, Hui Xue, Tao Wei, Peng Liu, "Towards Discovering and Understanding Task Hijacking in Android", Usenix Security 2015
- Yu Ding, Liang Guo, Chao Zhang, Yulong Zhang, Hui Xue, Tao Wei, Yuan Zhou, Xinhui Han, "Classifying Downloaders" , Oakland 2015, Poster
- Hui Xue, Zhaofeng Chen, Song Jin, Yulong Zhang, Tao Wei "iOS Masque Attack Revived: Bypassing Prompt for Trust and App URL Scheme Hijacking", FireEye Blog.
- Min Zheng, Hui Xue, Yulong Zhang, Tao Wei, John C.S. Lui "Enpublic Apps: Security Threats Using iOS Enterprise and Developer Certificates", ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS'15), Singapore, April 2015
- Hui Xue, Tao Wei, Yulong Zhang "Masque Attack: All Your iOS Apps Belong to Us", FireEye Blog. US-CERT Alert TA14-317A, Forbes, Forbes, Reuters, Bloomberg, Time, Yahoo
- Tao Wei, Min Zheng, Hui Xue, Dawn Song "Apple without a Shell – iOS under Targeted Attack", (Virus Bulletin'14)
- Tao Wei, Yulong Zhang, Hui Xue, Min Zheng, Chuangang Ren, Dawn Song "Sidewinder Targeted Attack against Android in The Golden Age of Ad Libraries", (Blackhat'14).
- "Ad Vulna: A Vulnaggressive (Vulnerable & Aggressive) Adware Threatening Millions", FireEye Blog.
- Haohui Mai, Edgar Pek, Hui Xue, Samuel T. King, P. Madhusudan. "Verifying Security Invariants in ExpressOS", (ASPLOS '13).
- Hui Xue, Nathan Dautenhahn, Samuel T. King. "Using Replicated Execution for a More Secure and Reliable Web Browser", 19th Annual Network & Distributed System Security Symposium, Feb 2012 (NDSS '12).slides
- Anthony Cozzie, Frank Stratton, Hui Xue, Samuel T. King. "Digging for Data Structures", 8th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '08), San Diego, CA, December 2008.
- Hui Xue, Jie Li. "A Method for Information Protection in Collaborative Assembly Design", 9th IEEE International Conference on Computer Aided Design and Computer Graphics (CAD-CG '05), Hong Kong, December 2005.
- Yi Yao, Xu Liu, Yuanfang Lin, Hui Xue, Xiangdong Liu. "Gamma Correction on Volumetric 3D Display System", The 5th International Meeting on Information Display, Seoul, Korea, 2005.