Updated 1/02/2015 by website author, Jan Tedder, BSN, FNP, IBCLC
Teaching Child Development to
Extend Breastfeeding Duration
(Prenatal - 12 Months)
Misunderstanding these behaviors in babies causes many women to stop breastfeeding
Increased crying at 2 weeks
"Restless" sleep at one month
Distractibility while breastfeeding at 4 months
Fretful teething at 6 months
Frequent awakenings at 9 months when stranger anxiety sets in
Complete this form to receive four samples of The Roadmap E-Newsletter for Parents. You will receive one a day for four days.
- Resources for Professionals:
- Online Continuing Education Course: "Roadmap to Breastfeeding Success: Teach Child Development to Extend Breastfeeding Duration (Prenatal to One Year)" $60. Click HERE to ORDER (create a "New Account" then go to catalog)
- Approved for 3 CERP or 3 Contact Hours credits by North Carolina (USA) Nurses Assn, DONA, CAPPA & ICEA
- Explores normal, but commonly misunderstood changes in child development
- Reviews changes in breast milk production often misinterpreted as insufficient milk
- Highlights pertinent lactation and child development literature
- Utilizes multicultural videos, educational music videos, instructive blogs, and e-newsletters with inspiring case studies
- Click HERE to explore other HUG Your Baby Online Courses
- HUG Your Baby E-Newsletter - Free for professionals. (Click Here).
- Resources for Professionals:
- Award-winning Parent Education DVD: $48. 20-minute DVD covers: reading a baby's body language, tips for calming a baby, techniques for helping a baby eat and sleep well, and ideas for enhancing parent-child interaction. (Available in English, Spanish, Korean, Japanese and Farsi) Click here to order.
- DVD Handout, Understanding Secret Language of the Newborn: $40 for 50 handouts. Family-Friendly language describes key components of DVD. Click here to order.
- Roadmap Parent Handout: $40 for pad of 50. "Roadmap" on front and brief description of each step along the way on the back. Click here to order.
- Engaging Roadmap Poster: $40. Display at office, hospital, clinic or parent center. Stimulates conversation, questions and interest in breastfeeding. Poster fits in a standard 18" x 24" poster. (See "Roadmap" above) Click here to order.
- Year-long E-Newsletter series for parents. Sign up below for FREE samples. This series (18 newsletters) begins prenatally and covers the developmental events highlighted by the poster with video clips of babies and interviews with their parents. Contact Jan at email@example.com about how to enroll parents you serve.)
HUGs Around the World: International Lullabies to Calm Babies, Promote Breastfeeding and Empower Parents:
Feedback from professionals about HUG programs:
"The HUG helps parents learn to observe and understand their baby's behavior. It shares simple, practical ideas for parents to respond to, connect with, and enjoy early communication with their baby." Ning Soehartojo, MD, IBCLC, Malaysia.
"HUG Your Baby takes us to where the baby is coming from, and enables us to better understand and hence communicate our love and support to infants. Who could ask for more?" Miriam Labbok, MD, IBCLC The Carolina Breastfeeding Institute, UNC School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, NC.
"Traditional training for breastfeeding professionals focuses on the first weeks. This presentation brought ‘the rest of the picture’ to our breastfeeding specialist." Norma O. Escobar, IBCLC, Perinatal Breastfeeding Coordinator, Wilmington, NC.
"Communicating The HUG Strategies to parents helps to respect what the baby 'is saying'... to benefit both attachment and breastfeeding." Sue Sanders, IBCLC. Former ILCA Board Member, Australia.
Email Marketing You Can Trust