Non Profit and Government Programs
Non-Profit Organizations and Government Agencies offerings will be made available pursuant to HUD program policies.
Non-Profits must be approved by HUD to participate in the Single Family Property Disposition Discount Sales Program. To apply to become a HUD-approved Non-Profit you will need to complete the appropriate non-profit application located on the following HUD web site:
APPROVED PURCHASE AREAS
Qualified non-profit organizatins and government entities are permitted to purchase properties located within its approved purchase area.
Prior to the public listing, uninsured properties that are located in an approved purchase area will be made available only to those qualified Non-Profits and Government Agencies during the Lottery Period under the Direct Sale Program. For a list of available Non-Profit and Government Agency HUD-homes, click on the appropriate State button below:
When a Non-Profit or a Government agency has identified a property to purchase, he or she must submit their electronic intent to purchase as instructed on the Direct Sales Internet Lottery Process web page.
During the Lottery Period, qualified Non-Profits and Government agencies may purchase only in their approved purchase areas:
- Uninsured properties located within revitalization areas at a 30% discount (Winning and back up offer are first selected from individual officers and teachers)
- Uninsured properties located outside of a Revitalization Area at a 10% discount
- Insured/Uninsured single unit properties located within a revitalization area and sold under the OND/TND program at a 50% discount (First priority will be given to individual officers and teachers)
If no Preliminary Interest is received during the notification period, the property will be made available for sale to the general public on a competitive bid basis.
Non-Profit and Government agencies may also bid competitively on the public list after the notification period. If they are the successful bidders, they are entitled to the following discounts at closing:
During the Owner Occupant and Extended Listing Periods, qualified Non-Profits and Government agencies may purchase in their approved purchase areas:
- Insured properties located within a revitalization area at a 10% discount
- Uninsured properties located within revitalization areas at a 30% discount
- Insured/uninsured properties located outside of a Revitalization Area at a 10% discount
Qualified nonprofits and government agencies may earn a 15% discount if five (5) or more bids are accepted from a single purchaser within a fifteen (15) business day period and closed simultaneously for the following:
- Insured/Uninsured properties located outside of revitalization area
- Insured properties located within a revitalization area
If any closing costs are requested to be paid by HUD and/or if a real estate agent is engaged to handle the sale of the property, then any closing cost shown on line 5 and any commissions shown on line 6a of the offer will reduce the discount at closing.
Multifamily units are available for Non-Profits and Government agencies to purchase.
Please note that discounts are not included when considering the highest net to HUD for the award process. The discount will be calculated from the sales price, not the list price.
Go to top