What you Need:
- 2 Plantains
- Olive oil
If you want lime or garlic flavor,just add some lime juice or organic garlic powder to the mix and voila!
You can even add some red pepper/paprika/dry basil for more flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (I suggest baking during the cooler months and frying with olive oil during summertime)
- Peel the plantain with a sharp knife.Cut into very thin slices
- In a bowl, combine plantain slices, olive oil, and salt.(Add seasonings if you're making lime,garlic,etc..)
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet(You can use aluminum,but I find that parchment paper works best)
- Place cookie sheet in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Plantain chips are done when they start to brown around the edges.
- Heat up a pan to medium heat with olive oil, add just enough plantains slices when hot.Fry for about 3-5 minutes. And repeat process based on the amount being made. Fried plantains are my favorite. So much crispier and tastier.
Thank you for reading