Assistant Professor, Simon Fraser University
Faculty Research Fellow, NBER
Associate Editor, Japan Ecoomic Review
Google Scholar (including non-economics)
Address: Simon Fraser University
Department of Economics
8888 University Drive, WMC 4653
Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
Health, Labor, Public, and Experimental Economics
- "Do Risk Preferences Change? Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake"
(with Chie Hanaoka, and Yasutora Watanabe) under review
[Manuscript] [NBER wp version] (First draft: April 2014, Last updated: October 2015)
- "School Entry Cutoff Date and the Timing of Births" under review
[Manuscript] [NBER wp version] (First draft: Feb 2012, Last updated: May 2014)
- "Income-comparison Attitudes in the US and the UK: Evidence from Discrete-choice Experiments"
- "Infant Mortality and the Repeal of Federal Prohibition"
(with David Jacks, and Krishna Pendakur) available soon
- "The Effects of Competition and Peer-to-peer Teaching on Learning"
(with Erik Kimbrough, and Andrew McGee) available soon
SELECTED WORK IN PROGRESS
- "Patient Cost-sharing and
Health Care Utilization among Children"
(with Toshiaki Iizuka)
- "The Effect of Financial Resources on Individual Preferences"
(with Peter Eibich,
and Chie Hanaoka)
- "Evaluating the ‘Least Restrictive Environment’ Mandate: The Effects of Mainstreaming on Cognitive and Noncognitive Development"
(with Andrew McGee)
Last updated Oct 2016