- Post-doctoral Fellow, Autodesk AI Lab & Univ. of Toronto (09/2017 – Present)
- Current Project: Parameterizations of turbulence based on machine learning methods.
- PhD in Physics, Univ. of Toronto, ON. (09/2012 – 04/2017)
- MSc in Physics, Univ. of Toronto, ON. (09/2011 – 09/2012)
- MSc in Mech. Eng., Univ. of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA. (01/2009 – 05/2010)
- BSc in Mech. Eng., Isfahan Univ. of Tech., Iran. (09/2003 – 02/2008)
- Salehipour, H., Peltier, WR, 2018, "Deep learning of mixing by two 'atoms' of stratified turbulence", J. Fluid Mech., 861, R4. doi:10.1017/jfm.2018.980, (pdf, journal website).
- Salehipour, H., Peltier, WR, Caulfield, CP, 2018, "Self-organized criticality of turbulence in strongly stratified mixing layers", J. Fluid Mech., 856, 228-256. (pdf, journal website)
- Mashayek, A., Salehipour, H., Bouffard, D., Caulfield, C.P., Ferrari, R., Nikurashin, M., Peltier, W.R., and Smyth, W.D., 2017, “Efficiency of Turbulent Mixing in Abyssal Ocean Ventilation”, Geophys. Res. Lett., 44(12), 6296-6306. (pdf, journal website)
- Portwood, G. D., de Bruyn Kops, S. M., Taylor, J. R., Salehipour, H., Caulfield, C.P., 2016, "Robust identification of dynamically distinct regions in stratified turbulence". J. Fluid Mech., 807, R2. doi:10.1017/jfm.2016.617. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Caulfield, CP , Peltier, WR, 2016, “ Turbulent mixing due to the Holmboe wave instability at high Reynolds number". J. Fluid Mech., 803, 591-621. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Peltier, WR, Whalen, CP, MacKinnon JA, 2016, “ A new characterization of the turbulent diapycnal diffusivities of mass and momentum in the ocean". Geophys. Res. Lett., 43, 3370-3379, doi:10.1002/2016GL068184. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Peltier, WR, 2015, “Diapycnal diffusivity, turbulent Prandtl number and Diapycnal diffusivity, turbulent Prandtl number and mixing efficiency in Boussinesq stratified turbulence", J. Fluid Mech., 775, 464-500. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Peltier, WR, Mashayek, A., 2015, “Turbulent diapycnal mixing in stratified shear flows: the influence of Prandtl number on mixing efficiency and transition at high Reynolds number". J. Fluid Mech. 773, 178-223. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Stuhne, GR, Peltier, WR., 2013, “A Higher Order Discontinuous Galerkin, Global Shallow Water Model: Global Ocean Tides and Aquaplanet Benchmarks”, Ocean Modelling, 69: 93-107. (pdf, journal website)
- Salehipour, H., Willis, DJ, 2013, “A coupled kinematicsenergetics model for predicting energy efficient flapping flight”, J. Theoretical Biology, 318, 173196. (pdf, journal website)
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Awarded David Crighton Fellowship at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP), University of Cambridge: £3,800 for 2015-2016.
- Awarded the 2014-2015 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for International students for $15000K
- Awarded the 2013 and 2014 Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Fellowship at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) with a stipend of $5,600 and $1,000 travel allowance – (not able to attend)
- Recipient of the 2012-2013 Van Kranendonk best TA award.
- Awarded $900 travel stipend to attend 2012 Gene Golub SIAM Summer School, Monterey, CA – (declined due to conflict with DCMIP summer school).
- Recipient of the 2011 Rio Tinto Alcan Fellowship for $18,000.
- Awarded the University of Toronto Fellowship in Physics Department, 2011-2014
- Awarded the Mech. Eng. International Students Graduate Fellowship at UofT, Sep. 2010.
- Awarded the Deans Gold Medal for Highest Achievements in Mechanical Engineering, UMass Lowell, May 2010.
- Awarded as the 2010 Outstanding Graduate Student in Mechanical Engineering Department, UMass Lowell, May 2010.