WHAT IS HPTV?
- HPTV is Highland Park’s Public, Education and Government (PEG), or Public Access station.
- It was established in 1996.
- It broadcasts Borough Council and Board of Education meetings, as well as other, locally produced programs. It also broadcasts programs produced by other sources.
- Its bulletin board, which displays a continuous loop of local announcements, runs whenever a video is not broadcast.
- We maintain an HPTV web site, where council meetings, BOE meetings and other programs are posted for on-demand viewing.
- HPTV is run entirely by volunteers.
- Equipment has been purchased with money received via grants.
- HPTV is a member of the Jersey Access Group (JAG), a consortium of local access stations in New Jersey. JAG provides a forum for sharing ideas and resources. HPTV downloads programming from JAG’s server.
- HPTV is carried on Channel 15 for Cablevision customers
- We are currently in negotiations to have Verizon FIOS carry HPTV. This may take 3-4 months.
HPTV EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE
- 3 digital cameras (2 Canon GL2s and 1 JVC 5000)
- 1 desktop Mac, 1 Macbook
- Boom mikes, wireless lavaliere mikes
- Audio mixers (1 studio mixer, 1 remote mixer)
- Video server
- Video converter (to take videos from older formats, such as VHS, and convert them to digital files)
- Video editing software (typically iMovie or Final Cut Pro)
- Telvue WEBUS (web-based software to enter messages for bulletin board)
- Telvue web-based software used to: transfer video files to the video server and schedule video programs for broadcast
- Various programs, including Apple’s Compressor, to convert video files to appropriate formats
To submit an announcement for our bulletin board, volunteer to help HPTV or simply send a comment, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION)