HPERC member organizations will collaborate towards the accomplishment of the following goals:
- Support educational programs and instructional improvements in Hawaii through research conducted on key educational issues in local learning environments.
- Foster collaboration amongst members of Hawaii’s community of educational researchers.
- Build local capacity to conduct educational research within the State.
- Identify research topics that facilitate the improvement of educational outcomes and inform policy and practice within the Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE), which will form the prioritized research agenda, a list of research topics of interest and value to both HIDOE and the local educational research community.
- Raise awareness about the process of conducting research in HIDOE.