What do students do in music class?
- Have fun
- Play Instruments: drums, xylophones, percussion
- Learn music through the Orff approach
What are students learning in music class?
National Music Standards
- Singing, Alone and With Others, a Varied Repertoire of Music
- Performing on Instruments, Alone and With Others, a Varied Repertoire of Music
- Improvising Melodies, Variations, and Accompaniments
- Composing and Arranging Music Within Specified Guidelines
- Reading and Notating Music
- Listening To, Analyzing, and Describing Music
- Evaluating Music and Music Performances
- Understanding Relationships Between Music, The Other Arts, and Disciplines Outside the Arts
- Understanding Music in Relation to History and Culture
Music Teacher: Ms. Laura Stack