- The Recovery Console is a feature of the Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. It provides the means for administrators to perform a limited range of tasks using a command line interface.
- A simple operating system used to perform maintenance tasks such as backups.
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- the act of putting something in working order again
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- experience points; extreme programming; "X Phrase": a phrase which consists of either: (1) an optional specifier and an X-bar phrase, or (2) a conjunction sandwiched between two other XPs.
- (.xps) Open XML Paper Specification (also referred to as OpenXPS), is an open specification for a page description language and a fixed-document format originally developed by Microsoft as XML Paper Specification (XPS) that was later standardized by Ecma International as international standard
- (XPS) X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy
Chkdsk Fixing the errors on the filesystem I was saved from a close call of losing all my files, programs and settings on my pc.
I woke up to find my brother complaining of a stop error and when i reboot, the system won't boot. I loaded up the windows recovery console on the windows cd and fixed the boot sector. Really close call to re-installing the operating system.
Just to play rate i did a check no the file system.
Upstairs XP 0916
The other PC that "died". It hung on mup.sys in boot-up. So I fixed 2 at once... recovery console, chkdsk /p /r and it sprang back to life!