- A bad sector is a sector on a computer's disk drive or flash memory that cannot be used due to permanent damage (or an OS inability to successfully access it), such as physical damage to the disk surface or failed flash memory transistors.
- (Bad Sector) Bad Sector is an ambient/noise project formed in 1992 in Tuscany, Italy by Massimo Magrini.
- (BAD SECTOR) A Sector on the surface of the drive is reported by the operating system as flawed.
- disk drive: computer hardware that holds and spins a magnetic or optical disk and reads and writes information on it
- A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive
- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- Hard Drive is the debut album from York rock band The Sorry Kisses, which was released on April 28, 2008. The album has been created as an outlet for Hayley Hutchinson's louder songs, which contrast with her usual acoustic style.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
Hard Drive Abuse
A friend of my parents wanted to send her old computers to salvage, but didn't want sensitive information stored on the hard drives to be seen by others. Dad and I took care of that! We pried apart the disk platters, passed them through powerful magnets, attacked the surfaces with a disk sander, then finally cut them up with tin snips.
Shot for the Macro Mondays group, "Drives Me Wild" theme. This is a failed 60GB hard drive removed from my old PowerBook G4