- A driveway is a type of private road for local access to one or a small group of structures, and is owned and maintained by an individual or group.
- A short road leading from a public road to a house or garage
- a road leading up to a private house; "they parked in the driveway"
- Short private road that leads to a house or garage
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- the act of putting something in working order again
- A mixture of such stones with coarse sand, used for paths and roads and as an aggregate
- cover with gravel; "We gravelled the driveway"
- A stratum or deposit of such stones
- rock fragments and pebbles
- annoy: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations; "Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
- A loose aggregation of small water-worn or pounded stones
More photos of driveway damage
This is another shot showing the loss of gravel that extended the entire length of the driveway, and another section of drainage dish that was mashed in. The tire tracks from the tree cutting equipment are clearly visible.
This shows very clearly how severely the lanes were mashed down and the middle raised up. This made the driveway impassable for anything but high cars like trucks or SUVs. I could not drive my compact car on the driveway because the bottom of it scraped so badly. We had to hire a bulldozer to take down the raised up middle section of the driveway, and an excavator to repair the dramage ditch.
Down My Driveway
I'm standing in my street, looking down my driveway.My truck is not quite halfway down my driveway. The roof of my house is visible. In the summer you can't see my house from the street. Notice the small lamp I have attached to the rotting tree trunk with red bow. I may soon be required to look for a new stump!