- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- divorceor custody action, permission granted by the court to a noncustodial parent to visit his or her child or children. Custody may also refer to visitation rights extended to grandparents.
- (IN-AS) Assam (Assamese: অসম Ôxôm) is a northeastern state of India with its capital at Dispur located in the city of Guwahati.
- previous part of Lesson 1, work was defined as a force acting upon an object to cause a displacement. When a force acts to cause an object to be displaced, three quantities must be known in order to calculate the work.
- A diminishing effect; a reduction
- indent: make a depression into; "The bicycle dented my car"
- an appreciable consequence (especially a lessening); "it made a dent in my bank account"
- incision: a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- A slight hollow in a hard, even surface made by a blow or by the exertion of pressure
Life in a Refugee Camp
Teacher Cherif Khamis Ahmat Chogar teaches a class in Djabal camp, Chad.
Children's access to education is a primary concern in refugee camps. Courses offered in these schools normally follow the curriculum in the refugees' country of origin, using familiar languages of instruction. In countries where repatriation cannot be foreseen in the immediate future, consultations are then held among host governments, refugee representatives and UNHCR to see if a "mix" of subjects incorporating elements in both the studies programs of the countries of origin and the host government can be offered to the refugee children.
Unfortunately, the programs for children are the first to be cut when a lack of funding compels UNHCR to cut down on assistance programms. Sometimes, the stage is reached that only “life-sustaining activities” can ve carried out in the camps.
Bi - The Grandmother
Clicked Bi at a recent PW with the CFC.
Grandmothers in Punjab, North India are called Bi(Pronounced as "Bee") or Bi-Bi(aka "Beebbee")
Bi's are considered the most intelligent part of the house and also form the living example of what stories the house has been through.
Bi's are characterized by Wrinkles from Everywhere to Everywhere
I intentionally kept her on the far right side and asked her to look away giving a sense of ignorance. Had a tough time deciding which tone to go with this shot - A Sepia, Neutral or a B&W; Finally decided to go plain old simplistic for Bi
Old Age surely depresses me as I see the same coming for my parents and then eventually for me.
Life as it comes!
Cropped to bring the eyes near the equatorial line.