- disk drive: computer hardware that holds and spins a magnetic or optical disk and reads and writes information on it
- Hard Drive is the debut album from York rock band The Sorry Kisses, which was released on April 28, 2008. The album has been created as an outlet for Hayley Hutchinson's louder songs, which contrast with her usual acoustic style.
- A high-capacity, self-contained storage device containing a read-write mechanism plus one or more hard disks, inside a sealed unit. Also called hard disk drive
- A hard disk drive (hard disk, hard drive, HDD) is a non-volatile storage device for digital data. It features one or more rotating rigid platters on a motor-driven spindle within a metal case. Data is encoded magnetically by read/write heads that float on a cushion of air above the platters.
- A how-to or a how to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task. A how-to is usually meant to help non-experts, may leave out details that are only important to experts, and may also be greatly simplified from an overall discussion of the topic.
- Practical advice on a particular subject; that gives advice or instruction on a particular topic
- (How To’s) Multi-Speed Animations
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency; "take the bad with the good"
- (of a person) Not able to do something well; incompetent
- Of poor quality; inferior or defective
- Unpleasant or unwelcome
- badly: with great intensity (`bad' is a nonstandard variant for `badly'); "the injury hurt badly"; "the buildings were badly shaken"; "it hurts bad"; "we need water bad"
- having undesirable or negative qualities; "a bad report card"; "his sloppy appearance made a bad impression"; "a bad little boy"; "clothes in bad shape"; "a bad cut"; "bad luck"; "the news was very bad"; "the reviews were bad"; "the pay is bad"; "it was a bad light for reading"; "the movie was a
My external hard drive died about a month ago. I tried every potential solution I could find on the internet (I spent days on forums, blogs and help sites), I bought new power adapters and cables, nothing was working. Finally, I took it into the local computer repair shop (the same guys who have solved computer issues for me before) and as I walked out of the store I was hopeful because when the hard drive was plugged in you could still hear and feel the disk spinning, they said that was good. I was so hopeful. But after they had been working on it for a week I received a phone call. A phone call that reduced me to tears instantly. They couldn't fix the hard drive, they couldn't recover anything. Not. Even. A. Single. Photo. There went nearly every single photo I had taken since 2009. I felt foolish to cry over a stupid broken computer but I was crying for all the memories, good and bad, that had just been wiped away. I can't even begin to tell you how many photos/videos/memories were on there. I was/am heartbroken. And I know that still sounds foolish but I really don't care.
After I lost everything I really didn't care to take more photos. So I haven't picked up my camera in about a month, except for family vacation a few weeks ago but since I moved out the day after we got back I left the photos for my mom to edit, which she did. And I don't have copies of them on my computer. I'll pick up the camera soon, and slowly start creating more memories.
Since I last posted I have moved away from my home, family and friends, signed my first lease, started my Junior year of college, started a new job, paid rent for the first time, and sat around every night by myself. It's been rough. Being in a brand new city, living in an apartment that doesn't feel like home, finding my way around a new school, working a new job with new co workers, and feeling lonely because I know 2 people in this big ole city. It's getting better though. School and work are keeping me busy. I'm started to make friends are work, but it's just different than at home.
It's time for me to stop rambling, because let's be honest... no one cares about anything that I just wrote.
This was taken with my iPhone 4 and edited on said iPhone with VSCO Cam.
She Kiss Volvo Butt
My fiance used my car to go to work everyday. And on last Tuesday I got a call from her that she hit another car when tailing at traffic jam. I said "Ok" then I ask, "are U Ok" and she said "Yes, I'm Ok. I'm at my work place". So I’m cool...
Then she asks "Don’t U want to ask about ur car?"
"Yeah.. how about the car?"
"I'm just crawling bumper-to-bumper then there's a big gap between me and front car, I just drive it slowly then suddenly the car in front emergency break so I push my break hard but I can’t miss it"
I said "Then.. its ok as long as U r ok".... I ask... "What car U r hit??"
"What??!!!?? VOLVO??......I'm speachless...
Thank God my car was not bad enough. There’s no major part broken. But she made me so worried when she said she hit a Volvo. I’ve seen a Volvo hit a Gas Station Pump, the pump and the pole collapse but the Volvo are just fine. Alhamdulillah...
SB 600 1/4 in right Zoom 50mm