Materials you will need
- A. Flint igniter (lantern lighter) BBQ Lighter
- L. Hand saw
- B. 4" PVC cleanout plug
- C. 4" PVC fitting cleanout adapter
- D. 4" PVC coupling
- E. 4" x 24" PVC pipe
- F. 2" x 4" PVC increaser reducer
- G. 2" x 48" PVC pipe
- H. PVC cleaner, primer, & cement
- I. Sack of potatoes
- J. Hair spray (aerosol)TOOLS
- K. Drill
- L. Hand saw
- M. File
1. Cut the PVC components to length and clean and prime the joints. Cement components C through G together.
2. Drill a hole for the lantern lighter in the middle of pipe E and then install the lighter with its included hardware. These lighters are very compact and use flint to produce a strong spark. You can find them in the camping section of large department stores.
3. With the file, sharpen the circumference of pipe G. This makes shoving the potato in easier because the pipe will cut off the excess potato.
- You’re ready to launch your potatoes!
- Find a very large, open area to launch the gun.
- Load a potato. Use a stick or rod to plunge it most of the way down the barrel.
- Spray the hair spray (make sure it’s flammable) into the fat end of the gun. If you use too little the potato won’t go far; too much and it won’t launch at all because there isn’t enough oxygen in the chamber.
- Quickly screw on the plug (part B). Make sure it is screwed on all of the way of cap will blow off the back of the gun.
- Hold the gun at your side, aiming in a safe direction. Give the lighter a quick flick, as if you’re snapping your fingers.
CHECK OUT MY BLOG AND SHARE YOUR IDEAS
OTHER DIFFERENT TYPES OF POTATO GUNS