I’ve been drawing and painting since I was four years old and haven’t stopped since. I love to work in a variety of media: pen and ink, watercolor, acrylic, pastel and photography, although pen and ink is my passion. I’ve been creating original pen and ink house portraits for over thirty years.
I’ve drawn houses across the United States and have portraits in London, Croatia, New Zealand, Scotland, Italy, Ireland and India.
Charlene enjoys depicting the uniqueness of each house and how it relates to the owner’s family. By request, she will draw their favorite pet frolicking on the lawn or peeking out the front window.
Elmhurst, Illinois artist, Charlene Lee-Freislinger, has been rendering personalized house portraits in pen and ink for over twenty-five years. Ever since that first sketch a friend asked her to do of her Oakbrook home, Charlene has not stopped drawing houses.
"I always take my sketch book on trips to capture the memories of the places I visit. And of course, I’ve drawn many of the historical landmarks in my hometown and in Chicago."
York Theater on York St. in Elmhurst
- Mayslake Peabody Estate, Oak Brook, IL
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County centennial art exhibit, "Through the Eyes of an Artist", 2015
- Bloomingdale Art Museum, Bloomingdale, IL
- Blue House Gallery, Barrington, IL
- Art in the Park, Elmhurst, IL
- Elmhurst Dermatology, 2013
- Community Bank, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Donna Pope Gallery and Studio, "Art and Wine", 2013
- LW Reedy - window display, 2016
Awards and Exhibits
- Graue Mill Museum, Hinsdale, IL
- Elmhurst Artists’ Guild, Elmhurst, IL
Home in Croatia, award winning entry
Honors / Community Service / Press
“The best feature of the Guild is bringing artists together for the love of art,” said Charlene Freislinger, long-time member and current treasurer. “Networking is another advantage to being a member, and just meeting other people that love art like you do.” - Charlene Freislinger
"The Immaculate Conception Parish is proud to announce that Charlene Freislinger is the 2016 CCW Woman of the Year."
The Immaculate Conception Parish
"NiNA award (Northern Illinois Newspaper Association) presented to Charlene Freislinger for outstanding illustration in a newspaper."
Northern Illinois Newspaper Association
Elmhurst Artists’ Guild at the Elmhurst Art Museum,
- board member
- board President for two terms.
- Dynamic Graphics Education Foundation, Peoria, IL
- College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL – Commercial Art Degree
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL – Studied Art and Psychology
She continues her art education by exploring the creative process at various art workshops, classes and seminars. Recently, she has added watercolor washes to her renderings.
"...Charlene Lee-Freislinger’s delicate pen and ink drawing..."
Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Please contact me to start your House Portrait by Lee.