The International Committee provides resources and answers questions for international postdocs. We also recommend that incoming postdocs look through our Baltimore
section as you get to know your new city. We also hold International Lunch and chats every last Monday of the month!!
JHMI International Office (OIS)
JHMI Office for International Students
- Location: Reed Hall 1st Floor (1620 McElderry Street)
- Phone: 410-955-3371
- Here, people can find information about Immigration & Visas, Legal Matters (social security number, individual taxpayer identification number, taxes, driver's license, legal assistance), Life in Baltimore (housing, transportation, banking, schools & child care, health & safety) ...
- J1-Visa Orientation
- The Office of International Services (OIS) offers on-going orientation sessions for new J-1 Scholars. During these sessions, we will discuss J-1 immigration documents, your responsibilities as a J-1 Scholar, the 2-year home residency requirement, travel, and OIS processes for J-1 updates, extensions and more. We will encourage participants to ask questions during the orientation.
- Sessions are offered every other Wednesday morning from 10 - 11 a.m. in the Reed Hall Library on the first floor of Reed Hall. Upcoming sessions will be held:
- March: 7, 21
- April: 4, 18
- May: 2, 16, 30
- June: 13, 27
You must email J1-Scholars@jhmi.edu to reserve a spot. Please include your name, email address and date of the session you plan to attend in the email. Space is limited. If you plan to attend, please make sure you can arrive on time at 10:00 a.m.
Green Card Information
ESL: English as a Second Language
- JHPDA resources include courses on English as a Second Language, as well as JHMI and Community Resources on learning English.
- More information can be found in the ESL section.
International Campus Groups
The International Food Social Events collaborated with the Socials Committee to celebrate Diwali, Thanksgiving, Italian Christmas, French Noelle, and Chinese New Year. More information on cultural events can be found with various groups: