hoopingLIVE is streamed via google+ HOA (Hangouts on Air) technology. Here are some tips for achieving the best quality.
- Have a good solid Internet connection. If possible connect your computer to your router or modem via a cat 5 or 6 cable instead of a WiFi connection. WiFi is subject to interference.
- Use a good quality webcam. Logitech C910, C920 or C930 are good options.
- Have good lighting facing you and not behind you. Cameras love light. Audrey uses two aluminum clamp-on lights from Walmart (about $7 each) with 60 watt LED bulbs. They are placed facing her off to either side so the light is coming in at about a 45 degree angle.
- Limit background noise and, if possible, use a separate microphone for good audio. Audrey uses an Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATR2100-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-Microphone/dp/B004QJOZS4/
- If you have never done a google+ video chat hangout before you can do a test hangout with yourself. This will also allow you to see what your video feed and lighting looks like.
- Newer Apple and higher-end Windows computers often have good built-in webcams.
- In most cases it's best to use the google chrome browser to join the hangout-on-air.
Hope to see you soon on the hoopingLIVE show!