Catalysis for Change!
Our Catalysis aims to achieve Carbon Neutrality for a Sustainable Future.
The Hong Group's research focus lies at the intersection of organic, organometallic, and materials chemistry. We aim to develop novel catalysts and reactions using the principles of homogeneous, heterogeneous, and biological catalysis to achieve carbon neutrality and create a sustainable future. Our research approach involves designing and synthesizing catalysts and ligands, developing innovative catalytic systems, and creating new reactions to address current challenges in materials and catalytic processes.
Currently, we are working on Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysis for:
• Development of chemically recyclable functional polymers to resolve energy and environmental issues
• Upcycling of commodity polymers such as polyolefins, poly(vinyl chloride), and elastomers
• Carbon dioxide capture and utilization
* 분자 제어를 통한 촉매 설계로, 현 사회가 당면한 소재, 환경, 에너지 문제 해결에 기여할 '꿈의 촉매' 및 '친환경 소재' 개발에 도전하고 있습니다. 연구실에서 개발한 Synthetic Methodology 및 Organometallic Catalysis를 기반으로 도약, 재활용 가능한 고기능성 친환경 고분자 및 이산화탄소 고정의 새로운 방법을 개발, '탄소중립'에 기여할 새로운 방법을 제시하고자 합니다. 활발히 토론하며 문제를 해결하고, 시야를 넓혀 지속가능한 미래사회를 위한 새로운 문제를 창조할, 차세대 신진 연구자들을 환영합니다.
* Please feel free to contact Prof. Hong if you are enthusiastic about developing a "Dream Catalysis" to achieve "Carbon Neutrality".
* We welcome graduate students who are passionate about addressing the challenge of achieving carbon neutrality.
* We are currently seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a strong synthetic background to join our team. Candidates with a Ph.D. are encouraged to apply.