Associate Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering
· Participated in the development of a financial computer application operating under Oracle environment.
· Supervisor: Fadhel Barguellil.
· Evaluated new methods and instruments for field detection of hydrocarbons ( High Speed Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, UV-vis Luminescence, FTIR Spectroscopy, Mass Spectroscopy and Photo-acoustic Spectroscopy ).
· Participated in a Mud Logging training at an oil exploration on-shore rig, France, 2/92-3/92.
· Tested a micromachined gas chromatograph for on-line hydrocarbon detection, Houston, 3/93-6/93.
· Supervisor: Bruno Burban.
Chemical Engineering Educational programs, INSAT, Fall 2004-2010
· Developed a new simulation based on Stokesian Dynamics to study of the motion of spheres in viscoelastic Boger fluids.
· Obtained rheological properties of FENE dumbbell suspensions using Brownian Dynamics simulations.
· Computed moment expressions using Mathematica for several problems in chemical reaction engineering and separations.
· Produced lactic ferments with a 10 liter bioreactor.
· Concentrated lactic bacteria with a 1 meter ultrafiltration unit.
· Supervisor: Christian Bouillanne.
· Used lasers to impress letters and symbols on computer keyboard caps.
· Supervisor: Giuseppe Ricciardi.
Associate Professor, KFUPM
Associate Professor, INSAT
· Chemistry of Perfumes and Aromas ( CI58, Fall 1999-2009)
· Regulation and Maintenance in Bio-industry ( BI57, Fall 1999-2009)
· Industrial Production of Organic Compounds ( CI82, Winter 2000-2010)
· Applied Math ( CI61, Winter 2000-2006)
· Industrial Organic Chemistry Laboratories (CI41, Winter 2000-2003)
· Industrial Organic Chemistry Laboratories (BI76, Fall 2001-2008)
· Numerical Methods Laboratory (Winter 2007-2010)
· Heat Transfer and Energetics (Winter 2007-2009)
· Chemistry of Paint Materials (CI 59, Fall 2000-2009)
· Unit Operations - Chemical Engineering (Fall 2009)
· Membrane Separations (Winter 2010)
Masters Program Colors and Chemistry at Faculte des Science de Bizerte. Paint Materials and Surface Coatings (2009-2010)
· Catalysis, Diffusion and Heat transfer Laboratories ( ECH155A, Fall 1997 )
· Drying and Process Control Laboratories ( ECH155B and ECH157L, Winter 1996 )
· Fluid Mechanics ( ECH150A, Winter 1991 )
· Heat Transfer ( ECH153, Spring 1991 )
B. G. Higgins and H. Binous, A Simple Method for Tracking Turning Points in Parameter Space, Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, published in December 2010.
Z. Nasri and H. Binous, Rigorous Distillation Dynamics Simulations using a Computer Algebra, Computer Applications in Engineeering Education Journal , accepted for publication, to be published in 2011.
Z. Nasri and H. Binous, Applications of the Peng-Robinson Equation of State using Matlab®, Chemical Engineering Education, published in Spring issue 2009.
H. Binous, Applications of the Peng-Robinson Equation of State using Mathematica®, Chemical Engineering Education, published in Winter Issue 2008.
Z. Nasri and H. Binous, Applications of the Soave-Redlich-Kwong Equation of State using Mathematica® , Journal of Chemical Engineering of Japan, Published in June 2007.
H. Binous, Introducing non-Newtonian fluid mechanics computations with Mathematica® in the undergraduate curriculum, Chemical Engineering Education, Winter Issue 2007.
H. Binous, A. Wakad and S. Ben Achour, Residue Curve Map Calculations of a Ternary Mixture, Computers in Education Journal, published in Fall issue 2006.
H. Binous, Residue Curve Map for Homogeneous Reactive Quaternary Mixtures, Accepted in Computer Applications in Engineeering Education Journal in 2006; published in first issue of this journal in 2007.
H. Binous, Gas Permeation Computations with Mathematica®, Chemical Engineering Education, Published in Spring issue 2006.
A. Huq, P.W. Stephens, N. Ayed, H. Binous, L. Burgio, R. J.H. Clark and M. Pantos, Combined technique analysis of the composition of Punic make-up materials, Applied Physics A, published in 2006
H. Binous, Liquid-Liquid Equilibrium and Extraction using Mathematica®, Computers in Education Journal, Published in Fall issue 2005.
P. Colomban, G. Sagon, A. Louhichi, H. Binous et N. Ayed, Identification par Microscopie Raman des Tessons et Pigments de Glaçures de Céramiques de l'Ifriqiya (Dougga, XI-XVIIIeme sciècles), Revue d'Archéométrie, vol 25, pp 101-112, 2001.
· Stokesian and Brownian Dynamics.
· Parallel Programming using Message Passing Interface with workstation clusters.
· Graphics Programming on Silicon Graphics workstations.
· Fortran, Pascal and C languages.
· MathCad, COMSOL, POLYMATH, Berkeley-Madonna, DISTIL, Mathematica, Matlab, ChemSep,
HYSYS, ASPEN, gPROMS, GAMS …
· DOS, Mac, Unix and Windows platforms.
Member of AIChE 1997-1998
Ron Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
* Transport in Porous media
* Chemical Engineering Education
* Chemical Product and Process Modeling
* Computer Applications in Engineering Education
* International Journal of Chemical Reactor Engineering
* Environmental Technology
Housam Binous, demonstration stats, July 2007-January 2011