The war memorial at Holy Trinity was dedicated in the winter of 1919 / 20 by the vicar, the Reverend William Hacksley. This picture shows it shortly afterwards. In about 1923, thanks to campaigning by Bermondsey Mayor Ada Salter, some of the gravestones were moved to the edges of the churchyard which was then laid out as a public garden. A small rose bed was planted around the memorial which stood near to the church gates and was undamaged in the 1940 bombing.
The memorial was moved to its present position nearer to the new church in about 1963. The memorial carries 65 names. These have been transcribed HERE. The war memorial was never updated to include those who died in the Second World War.
The memorial is listed (Grade II). Historic England Index 1449951