The Zale Map Mini Walking Tour Of Historic Hollywood Buildings
Welcome to The Zale Map Walking Tour Of Historic Hollywood Buildings & Sites. I've revamped this site and decided to begin the tour where I actually started filming for the making of The Zale Map and to follow that route to the end. I started here at Stanley Kramer' star
at 6100 Hollywood at Gower, filming every star on the Walk Of Fame and ended up back here but across the street at 6101 Hollywood at Gower. That said, let's take the tour... enjoy!
Heading west we pass by the W Hotel Hollywood on the left just past Argyle and soon come to the most famous intersection in the world. We are now at the corner of Hollywood at Vine. Turing left onto Vine we are now at
Before being renamed as the Henry Fonda Theatre, it went over to screening movies and was re-named the Fox Theatre (not to be confused with the Fox Theatre at Hollywood Boulevard and Wilcox Avenue, which was the old Iris Theatre) and then the Pix Theatre.
When the theatre was still known as the Pix Theatre, it had a really nice neon marquee. The Pix Theatre was the movie house that premiered “Jaws” on Hollywood Boulevard in 1975. A year later they showed “Rocky”. Not a very large theatre but it showed many blockbuster’s in the 1970’s before becoming a live venue named the Heny Fonda Theatre.
In recent years it has come under new management (leased from the Nederlander Organization ) and presents concerts, live performances and special events and was known as the Henry Fonda Music Box Theatre. In 2007, a restoration was begun to bring it back to its 1926 appearance, and it was renamed The Music Box / Fonda. Today it is The Fonda Theatre.
Source on the web
|From March 25, 2012 Historic Hollywood Buildings|
Dr Harlan Palmer financed the Palmer Building on Hollywood Blvd. at Cosmos. After moving a printing press into the basement he began publishing the Hollywood Citizen on a daily basis.
Heading west we come to the corner of Hollywood at Cahuenga and the
OWL DRUG / JULIAN MEDICAL / Medical and commercial business
6380 - 84 Hollywood Blvd. at N. Cahuenga Blvd. (g-30) on The Zale Map
One of the finest examples of Art Deco - Streamline Moderne architecture in the historic Hollywood district. The ground floor was originally a drug store, with medical offices above.
Crossing the street heading west we come to the corner and we're at the
JP CREQUE BUILDING / Greco's New York Pizzeria / Residential living and commercial business' 6400-08 Hollywood Blvd. at N. Cahuenga Blvd. (g-28) on The Zale Map
In 1888, Horace Sackett built a general store and hotel on this site, a three-story wooden Victorian structure that was the center of the small commercial district. In 1912 it was replaced with a two-story structure, which was enlarged and remodeled in 1931 to the four-story Art Deco brick-and-tile structure of today.
Right next door heading west we come to
The former site of the F.W. Woolworth & Hollywood Hardware Store at 6410 Hollywood Blvd. (g-28) on The Zale Map.
|6410 Hollywood Blvd. L.A. CA 90028|
Heading west we come to the corner of Hollywood at Wilcox and the
Photo taken 1/30/2012 by Danny Zale
One of the smallest retail buildings on the Boulevard, this
structure is a unique example of Art Deco design and is finely
detailed with tile and the floral patterns which are hallmarks
of the style.
One of the smallest retail buildings on the Boulevard, this structure is a unique example of Art Deco design and is finely detailed with tile and the floral patterns which are hallmarks of the style.
Heading west we come to the corner of Hollywood at Schrader and the
CONSUMER DRUGS at 6542 Hollywood Blvd. at Schrader (g-23) on The Zale Map
Just next door to the west is the
Spanish Colonial Revival Building / Gift shop & commercial business' at 6554-60 Hollywood Blvd. (g-22) on The Zale Map Architects Gogerty and Weyl - 1927
Photo taken 1/30/2012 by Danny Zale
The firm of H. L. Gogerty and Carl Jules Weyl designed the majority of Hollywood Boulevard's flamboyant Spanish Colonial Revival commercial buildings. The fanciful combination of floral motifs and scrollwork known as Churrigueresque ornamentation is still very evident around the second story arched openings.
Next door to the west we have the
J. J. NEWBERRY / HOLLYWOOD TOYS & COSTUMES at 6600-04 Hollywood Blvd. at Whitley (g-20) on The Zale Map
J.J. Newberry's was an American Five-and-Dime
store chain in the 20th century originally founded in Stroudsburg,
Pennsylvania. The architects of the Hollywood J.J. Newberry's, now
Hollywood Toys and Costumes, created this colorful example of Art Deco
at its best. The "Zig Zag" patterns of chevrons and squares
in colorful aqua and gold highlight the over-sized industrial
windows of the upper stories.
And just next door to this we come to the
S. H. KRESS DEPARTMENT STORE / And Former FREDERICK'S OF HOLLYWOOD at 6606-12 Hollywood Blvd. (g-20) on The Zale Map
Designed and built as a part of the S. H. Kress retail chain. Beginning in 1949 this Art Deco structure housed the world headquarters of the internationally known Frederick's Of Hollywood lingerie chain for 59 years. In July 2008 The Kress Hollywood Night Club and Kress Restaurant opened for a few short years, closing in July 2011.
Next door and stretching to the south corner of Hollywood at Cherokee we come upon
Photo by Danny Zale
This structure is another fine example of the Spanish Colonial Revival Style building on Hollywood Boulevard. Norman W. Alpaugh was a Canadian Architect who moved to Los Angeles; he also designed buildings in New York. The delicacy of the grillwork and Moorish detail give this building a warmth and attractiveness that is unsurpassed. The enclosed interior courtyard with tiled fountain captures the romantic feeling of Spain, and is unusual for commercial buildings in Hollywood. Designed around a parking lot, with an elaborate rear entrance, this structure is one of the earliest structures in Hollywood (and possibly Los Angles) to be oriented around the automobile, predating Bullock’s Wilshire similar treatment. Source
Crossing the street we come to the
SHANE BUILDING / Now Bettie Page Clothing and World Of Wonder Productions at 6650-54 Hollywood Blvd. at Cherokee (g-17) on The Zale Map
Take a short detour down the side street to see the Art Deco lobby of this four-story office building. One of the Boulevard's most popular styles, Art Deco was considered the most sophisticated statement of the 1920's and '30's and was widely used in design from signage to clothes to architecture.
Heading west past Las Palmas we come to the world famous
EGYPTIAN THEATER at 6712 Hollywood Blvd. (g-15) on The Zale Map (323) 466-3456
Read more at: sites.google.com/site/hollywoodtheatres/egyptian
Just next door to the west is the
Built in an era before candy counters in movie theaters became standard, the Pig 'N Whistle restaurant and soda fountain served theater patrons and Boulevard shoppers alike. The detailing on the front marquee includes a dancing, flute-playing pig -- the trademark of the establishment.
Crossing west at McCadden we come upon the
Haldane H. Christie was a pioneering auto parts manufacturer who started out producing axles and springs. In 1914, he sold his Michigan-based car top company to Henry Ford and moved to Los Angeles.
Here, he quickly became a real estate developer specializing in property along Hollywood Boulevard and in the Hollywood Hills.
In 1920, he commissioned construction of Hollywood's first "modern" luxury hotel at the southwest corner of Hollywood Boulevard and McCadden Place.
The eight-story Georgian Revival building with steeply pitched gable roofs was considered Hollywood's first skyscraper when it opened in 1922. Architect Arthur R. Kelly, best known at the time for his residential designs, created three brick towers connected to ground-level shops.
The Christie Hotel boasted amenities that included steam heat and individual bathrooms for each of its 100 guest rooms — a first for Hollywood. It quickly became popular with those in town to work in the area's fast-growing film industry as well as with locals.
Haldane Christie continued his ownership of the hotel and his realty work until his death in 1941 at age 71. In 1945, the place was renamed the Drake Hotel and later became the Hollywood Inn. These days, the structure is owned by the Church of Scientology.
The Christie Hotel Site Marker #38
|From April 14, 2012
IDLE HOUR THEATER - HOLLYWOOD THEATER / Now GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS MUSEUM 6764 - 66 Hollywood Blvd. (g-13 on The Zale Map)
The oldest theater in Hollywood began as the Idle Hour Theater in
1913. It was remodeled to its Art Deco appearance in the 1930s
and now houses the Guinness Book of Records Museum.
6780 Hollywood Blvd. at Highland (g-13 on The Zale Map)
Crossing west at Hollywood and Highland we come to
Former site of Rexall Drug Store - Now Souvenirs Of Hollywood at 6800 Hollywood Blvd. at Highland (G-11) on The Zale Map -
Photo by Danny Zale 1-12-2012
|March 25, 2012 Historic Hollywood Buildings|
Heading west we come to the world famous
EL CAPITAN THEATER & THE DISNEY STORE HOLLYWOOD at 6834-38 Hollywood Blvd. (g-10) on The Zale Map
(El Capitan) (323) 817-1475 The Disney Store
( Architects Morgan, Walls & Clement - 1925)
The most lavish of the four Hollywood Boulevard legitimate theaters, the interior was designed by G. Albert Landsburgh in an "East India" motif, while the exterior was Spanish Colonial Revival. The theater was restored in 1990 as a joint project of Buena Vista Pictures, a division of the Disney Company, and Pacific Theaters.
Just next door heading west is the
6840 Hollywood Blvd. (g-9 on The Zale Map)
(Architect John C. Austin - 1921)
The Masonic Temple, a Neoclassical design, was the work of architect John C. Austin, who also designed the Griffith Park Observatory and the Los Angeles City Hall.
Down the way a bit to the west on Hollywood at Orange is the world famous
HOLLYWOOD ROOSEVELT HOTEL at 7000 Hollywood Blvd at Orange (g-6) on The Zale Map)
(Architects Fisher, Lake & Traver -1926)
Named after President Theodore Roosevelt, the hotel was built to give Hollywood prestigious accommodations for visitors. The first Academy Awards ceremony took place here in 1927. The hotel has gone through many changes throughout its history, with a major restoration in 1986. Artist David Hockney designed the kinetic images on the bottom of the swimming pool.
Photo taken Fall 2011
Right next door to the west is the
Producer, Hollywood Walk of Fame
Main: (323) 469-8311
Press line: (323) 468-1376
Down the road a bit west you come to the corner of Hollywood at Sycamore and the
Built in 1925, the Hollywood Professional Building was originally a 5-story office building. Some decades later, an additional three floors were added to the building, making it one of the taller buildings on historic Hollywood Blvd. The building housed Ronald Reagan’s offices when he was the president of the Screen Actor’s Guild. Source - Read more
Current YouTube video of the Professional Building.
Heading west we come to Hollywood & La Brea and The Hollywood and La Brea Gateway (Also known as Gateway to Hollywood - Four Ladies Statue) located on Traffic Island at the intersection of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea (G-1) on The Zale Map - Home to the *Beatles star, the relocated star of Elvis Presley (originally located at 6777 Hollywood Blvd. near Highland), the fallen L.A.P.D. Hollywood Officers star and the Hollywood Walk Of Fame star on The Zale Map.
*NOTE* The stars for individual Beatles John, George, Ringo and Paul are all located near eachother at 1750 N. Vine St. in front of Capital Records (b-35) on The Zale Map. All photo's by Danny Zale
Crossing north on La Brea to Hollywood we then start heading back east on Hollywood Blvd. and we soon come upon the
W.I.S.E. / A.B.L.E. International Building at 7065 Hollywood Blvd (e-3) on The Zale Map
Heading east and just next door is Author Services., Inc. at 7051 Hollywood Blvd. at Sycamore (e-3) on The Zale Map
Across the street to the north is the former site of the Garden Court Apartments - 7021 Hollywood Blvd. at N. Sycamore Ave. at (e-4) on The Zale Map.
On this site, from 1919 to 1985, stood the Garden Court Apartments. The magnificent Italian Renaissance structure boasted Oriental carpets and baby grand pianos in every suite. This beautiful building also boasted two lavish ballrooms, billiards room, tennis courts, and pool. Hollywood personalities who lived here, included: Louis B. Mayer (of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer), Mack Sennet (creator of the Keystone Cops), Lillian Gish, Rudolph Valentino, John Barrymore and Mae Murrray.
Below is a 1980's picture of the neo-baroque but dilapidated Garden Court Apartments It was razed in 1984 after being closed since 1980. In the end, the rubble-strewn haven for drifters and runaways was known as "Hotel Hell."
Heading east we pass the world famous Shelly Cafe and cross Orange, passing Madame Tussauds Hollywood we soon come upon the world famous
GRAUMAN'S CHINESE THEATER at 6925 Hollywood Blvd. (e-7) on The Zale Map
(Architects Meyer & Holler - 1927)
The most famous and sought out landmark in Hollywood the internationally known Chinese Theater is an excellent example of flamboyant movie palace designs of the 1920s. It was said to have been modeled on a Chinese Opera House and the interior was designed in a unique Chinese Chippendale style.
Photo taken Fall 2011
Heading east we reach the corner of Hollywood at Highland. Crossing the street heading east on Hollywood Blvd. we reach the
HOLLYWOOD FIRST NATIONAL BANK / Currently vacant (As of 12/17/2011)
6777 Hollywood Blvd. at Highland (e-13 on The Zale Map)
A combination of Gothic and Art Deco was created by the same architects who designed the Chinese Theater. This structure was briefly the tallest in the city until the Los Angeles City Hall was built in 1932.
As we walk from here heading east and 16 stars down we come upon the only black star on the entire Walk Of Fame. This was the original location of Elvis Presley' star. A few stars east and we come to the
This Spanish Colonial Revival building was designed by architect Carl Jules Weyl and built in 1928. Weyl was also the set designer for Casablanca and Yankee Doodle Dandy.
The 2nd floor once housed the Embassy Club, a private club that was opened by
Eddie Brandstatter. The club catered to film stars who wished to avoid the
crowds next door at the Monmartre. The Snow White Café, which opened in
1946, has an original mural painted by Disney animators above the inside
Just next door to the right (heading east) is the
6757 Hollywood Blvd.
(e-14 on The Zale Map)
cafe and nightclub on the second floor of a financial
institution sparked the nightlife of the Hollywood community in
the early 1920s. The restaurant was frequented by fans and stars
Heading east just past Las Palmas we come to the
This brink commercial block is one of the oldest in the historic Hollywood district. It was built prior to World War I, just four years after Hollywood became part of the City of Los Angeles.
A short stroll east and we come upon the world famous
MUSSO AND FRANK GRILL / Is still the same 6663-67 Hollywood Blvd. (e-17) on The Zale Map (323) 467-7788
The oldest continuing restaurant in Hollywood, Musso and Frank
was the dining spot of choice for screenwriters and novelists of Hollywood's "Golden Age". The original restaurant was just east of the
current establishment, which has been in this location since
Heading east to the corner of Whitley we come to the
BAINE BUILDING - The Merchant's National Trust and Savings / Now Station Food Market & Check Cashing / business' and residential 6601-09 Hollywood Blvd. at Whitley (e-20) on The Zale Map
It was Colonel Harry Baine, a Texas entrepreneur who served as Los Angeles County supervisor for a year, who commissioned this, the most elegant Spanish Colonial Revival Building in the district. The building has all the hallmarks of the Spanish Colonial Revival: delicate wrought iron balconies, Churrigueresque ornament, stylish tower and detailed window design. Colonel Baine lived on the top floor and gained fame by bragging that he was the first person on Hollywood Blvd. to live in a penthouse.
JANES HOUSE 6541 Hollywood Blvd. (e-24) on The Zale Map Architects Dennis and Farwell - 1903
Hollywood Boulevard's last remaining residential structure, the Janes house was built at the turn of the century for Herman and Mary Janes and their daughters. From 1911 until 1926, Misses Carrie, Mabel and Grace operated the Janes School for the children of film industry figures such as Douglas Fairbanks and Cecil B. DeMille. The restored house was moved further back on its site to allow commercial courtyard development.
HILLVIEW APARTMENTS / Now The Hudson Apartments 6533 Hollywood Blvd. at Hudson (e-24) on The Zale Map Tifal Brothers, architects; 1917
Jesse L. Lasky, a founder of Famous Players - Lasky, one of Hollywood's earliest studios and the forerunner of Paramount Studios, was a financial backer of this Mediterranean style apartment building to ensure that his actors had a place to live close to the studios. Damage from the Northridge Earthquake and construction of the subway tunnel forced the temporary closure of the building.
Warner Brothers Hollywood Theater Building / WARNER - PACIFIC THEATER - Now Ecclesia Church In Hollywood & various shops 6433 Hollywood Blvd. at Wilcox Ave (e-27) on The Zale Map
One of four grand movie palaces on the Boulevard, the Warner was built as the flagship of the Warner Brothers Studio Theaters. The beautiful, extravagant designs were intended to lure the film patron away from the reality of the street at the earliest possible moment.
PAUL DeLONGPRE RESIDENCE / Now Community Check Cashing 6401 Hollywood Blvd. at N. Cahuenga Blvd. (e-28) on The Zale Map
Hollywood's first tourist attraction had nothing to do with the movies. On this site, French landscape painter Paul DeLongpre created an elaborate Moorish residence, studio and palatial gardens which drew hundreds of tourists each year on "Balloon Route Excursions" from Los Angeles. The structure was demolished sometime in the late 1920s.
For an old post card photo click HERE
Crossing the street heading east we come to the
SECURITY TRUST AND SAVINGS 6381-85 Hollywood Blvd at N. Cahuenga Blvd (e-30) on The Zale Map
(Architects John and Donald Parkinson [ father and son team ] - 1921)
The Hollywood Guaranty Building Annex at 6349 Hollywood Blvd at Ivar (e-31) on The Zale Map
Another Streamline Moderne structure, this building has round
windows and some of the elements of an ocean liner.
It is from this facility at 6349
Hollywood Blvd. that Bob Wright, the Church Of Scientology's international
construction supervisor, and Laurence Guenat, international senior
designer, direct a staff of about 40 that designs, plans and oversees
projects around the world.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Heading north on Ivar and across the street is
The Knickerbocker Hotel (Architect E.M. Fraiser 1923) is located at 1714 N. Ivar Ave. (d-32) on The Zale Map (just north of
Hollywood Blvd and next to the Guaranty Building). In the 1920's it was
at the heart of Hollywood and played a key role in Tinseltown's history for many decades. The Renaissance Revival/Beaux Arts style structure began life as a luxury apartment building, before becoming a hotel later in its history.
GUARANTY BUILDING / Now L. Ron Hubbard Scientology library
at 6331 Hollywood Blvd. at Ivar Ave. (e-32) on The Zale Map
This Beaux Arts office building was another of Hollywood's bank
and office towers. It is faced with brick and has a detailed
lobby entrance. Noted columnist Hedda Hopper hung her hat here.
Former site of the Brass Rail Restaurant / Henry's Cafe and SARDI'S (Demolished - See demolition note at bottom) / Now Deja vu Show Girls
6313 Hollywood Blvd. (e-33) on The Zale Map
Henry's Cafe opened in the 1920s at 6315 Hollywood
Boulevard, near Vine St and run by a Charlie Chaplin stock player called
Henry Bergman. In 1932 it changed hands, Eddie Brantstatter
took it over and reopened it as Sardi’s, but before that, it was
the Brass Rail Restaurant.
Sardi's seated 200 diners when it opened for lunch 02/09/1933 in what
was known as the Gore Building. Warren MacArthur designed the tubular
aluminum furniture used on the interior. A newspaper article in the LA
Times (08/24/1932, p. A5) noted that the formerly two-floor interior
would be reduced to only one, this having a height of 17 feet. "The
establishment when completed will be the largest and most up-to-date
place of its kind in the West." Sardi's operated 24 hours a day when it
*Demolition Note* : Demolished by
kitchen fire on 11/01/1936. Eight were injured in the $100,000 blaze,
all kitchen staff and firefighters, which was called the "worst in
Hollywood in four years." When Sardi's burned, newspaper accounts listed
Eddie Brandstatter and David Covey as proprietors.
Right next door at the corner of Hollywood at Vine is the
Former site of the LAEMMLE BUILDING / (Lost to fire) Now a parking lot and visitor tour's location
6301 Hollywood Blvd. (e-33 on) The Zale Map
Photo taken December 15, 2011
The northwest corner of Hollywood and Vine used to be home to the
Melody Lane Cafe - Howard Johnson's - Hody's Coffee shop. Architect Richard Neutra designed the
building in the International style for Carl Laemmle, the
founder of Universal Studios.
*Demolition Note* : Demolished by kitchen fire on 11/01/1936. Eight were injured in the $100,000 blaze, all kitchen staff and firefighters, which was called the "worst in Hollywood in four years." When Sardi's burned, newspaper accounts listed Eddie Brandstatter and David Covey as proprietors. Source
The northwest corner of Hollywood and Vine used to be home to the Melody Lane Cafe - Howard Johnson's - Hody's Coffee shop. Architect Richard Neutra designed the building in the International style for Carl Laemmle, the founder of Universal Studios.
Heading north on Vine we come to
1717 Vine - (d-33) on The Zale Map
A post office occupied a portion of the ground floor at 1717 N. Vine St. and Woodbury College occupied the second floor.
Heading north and right next door is
The Avalon Hollywood Theater 1735 N. Vine - (c-33) on the Zale Map
Avalon (or Avalon Hollywood) is a historic night club and music venue in Hollywood, California, located near the intersection of Hollywood and Vine, at 1735 N. Vine Street. It has previously been known as the Hollywood Playhouse, The WPA Federal Theatre, El Capitan Theatre, The Jerry Lewis Theatre, The Hollywood Palace and The Palace. It has a capacity of 2,000.
Originally known as The Hollywood Playhouse, 1735 Vine St. opened for the first time on January 24, 1927. It was designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style by the architectural firm of Gogarty and Weyl.
During the Great Depression, the theatre was renamed The WPA Federal Theatre (after the Works Progress Administration), and used for government-sponsored programs.
Later, the theatre hosted numerous CBS Radio Network programs, including Fanny Brice's Baby Snooks show and Lucille Ball's My Favorite Husband program.
In the 1940s, 1735 Vine was renamed The El Capitan Theatre, and was used for a long-running live burlesque variety show called Ken Murray's Blackouts. This should not be confused with the nearby movie theatre of the same name and age the ( El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard at 6838 Hollywood Boulevard (G-10) on The Zale Map) which at the time was known as the Paramount Theatre.
In the 1950s, still under the name of El Capitan, the theatre became a television studio, and it was from a set on its stage that Richard Nixon delivered his famous "Checkers speech" on September 23, 1952. This event is often mistakenly said (especially on the Internet) to have taken place at the El Capitan Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard, though that theater was never a television studio, and in 1952 was operating as a movie house called the Paramount Theatre.
The theater was also home to The Colgate Comedy Hour, the Lawrence Welk Show, and This is Your Life.
 The Jerry Lewis Theatre
In 1963, ABC television used 1735 Vine for Jerry Lewis' weekly television program, and appropriate renamed the theater The Jerry Lewis Theatre.
Source - Read more
We now head north to the corner of Vine at Yucca. Crossing east on Yucca to Vine and south on Vine we come to
Capital Records 1750 N. Vine at Yucca - (b-35) on the Zale Map. (323) 871-5001
Photo by Danny Zale
Capitol Records is a major United States–based record label, formerly located in Los Angeles, but as of 2011 operating in New York City as part of Capitol Music Group. Its former headquarters building, the Capitol Tower, is a major landmark near the corner of Hollywood at Yucca. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMI.
The Capitol Records Company was founded by songwriter Johnny Mercer in 1942, with the financial help of fellow songwriter and film producer Buddy DeSylva and the business acumen of Glenn Wallichs (1910–1971), owner of Wallichs Music City, at the time the biggest record store in Los Angeles.
Johnny Mercer first suggested the idea of starting a record company while he was golfing with Harold Arlen and Bobby Sherwood. He told them, "I’ve got this idea of starting a record company. I get so tired of listening to the way everyone treats music. I keep feeling they’re selling out. And I don’t like the way artists are treated either. Bing Crosby isn’t the only one who can make records. I don’t know, I think it would be fun." By 1941, Mercer was not only an experienced songwriter, but a singer with a number of records to his name. Mercer next suggested starting a record company to his friend Glenn Wallichs while Mercer was visiting Wallichs' record store. Wallichs responded, "Fine, you run the record company and find the artists,' and Mercer added, "and you run the business."
On February 2, 1942, they met with Buddy DeSylva at a Hollywood restaurant to ask if Paramount Pictures would invest in the new record company. On the Paramount deal DeSylva said no, but that he himself would, and he gave them a check for $15,000. On March 27 the three men got a statement notarized that they have applied to incorporate "Liberty Records" (later the name of a label which Capitol eventually acquired). In May they amended the application to change the name to Capitol Records.
Source - Read more
Heading south on Vine we come back to Hollywood Blvd. and make a left. We are now at the world famous
Hollywood Equitable Building - Business's & Dillon's Irish Pub at 6253-63 Hollywood Blvd. at N. Vine (e-35) on The Zale Map
This commercial tower at the northeast corner of Hollywood and
Vine was designed in Gothic Deco style, very popular with
financial institutions of the day.
at 6233 Hollywood Blvd. at Argyle Ave. (e-35 on The Zale Map)
Just east of Hollywood & Vine is the Pantages Theatre, the
first American movie palace built entirely in the Art Deco
style. This highly ornate showplace was the site of the Academy Award ceremonies from 1949 to 1959.
Heading east we cross Argyle and pass by the current construction of BLVD6200 and continue on to the corner of Hollywood at Gower and our last stop on the tour. If you look to the left, north on Argyle, you can snap a beautiful photo of the Hollywood Sign. Also, if you look down, you will be standing on the star of jazz great Benny Goodman, the last star on The Zale Map. To see who got the last star slick HERE.
Creator of the The Zale Map - Hollywood Walk Of Fame Celebrity Star Locator Official Map Guide (c) email@example.com - All rights reserved
UPDATE for The Zale Map
Check out The Zale Map on YouTube
All photos by Danny Zale (c) All rights reserved
Check out The Zale Map on YouTube