How do I become eligible for gifts and food boxes?

There is an application process that includes income eligibility. Applications are mailed through the Department of Human Services to those enrolled in their various assistance programs. If you did not receive an application but believe you are eligible, you may submit an application at either the Family Resource Center located at 203 NE Court Street or St. Vincent de Paul, located at 240 SE 1st Street. You will need to submit income verification with your application. Please note that the application deadline is November 12th.

What can I do to help?

We are always in need of volunteers to pick up gifts, wrap presents, assemble food boxes, deliver to home bound families and more. You can contact the Family Resource Center at 541-447-3260 if you would like to volunteer your time assembling boxes, donate food and/or supplies.  You can also volunteer your time wrapping gifts, making deliveries, or assisting in many other duties that come about during the holiday season. The Holiday Partnership  will be assembling food boxes December 17th through the 19th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (times subject to change) and always appreciate volunteers to help with this activity. Carey Foster Hall will be open December 12th through December 16th from approximately 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (times subject to change) and could use volunteers to help sort and wrap gifts. Please call 447-3260 to sign up for volunteering. 

How do I know my efforts aren't a duplication of what someone else is doing?

The agencies and organizations that have partnered together are using a common database to reduce duplication and coordinate resources.

Can we sponsor an entire family? 

Absolutely! Please contact Brenda Comini or Christa Papke at The Family Resource Center at 447-3260 to coordinate this. Keep in mind the sponsorship will be made anonymous due to Federal HIPAA confidentiality regulations. Have an idea of how many families or people you would like to sponsor when you call in, and also if you would like to provide food baskets, gifts, or both.

What kind of food and supplies can I donate?

You can drop off cash/check donations, wrapping paper, clear tape, ribbon and bows, and other wrapping supplies any time in between 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Family Resource Center. Please make your check payable to Family Empowerment Program.

Food donations such as stuffing, frozen hams or turkeys, canned vegetables, rolls, butter or margarine, potatoes, prepackaged pies or desserts, or cranberries can be dropped off at St Vincent de Paul.

Where are the Tree of Joy gifting trees and drop boxes located?

Trees of Giving are located at Home Federal Bank, Bank of the Cascades, South Valley Bank, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Oregonians Credit Union, Mid-Oregon Credit Union, and Pioneer Memorial Hospital. Trees will be up starting November 18 through December 19.  Be sure to bring your gift (wrapped or unwrapped) back to the Gifting Tree you picked the tag up from, as to avoid confusion.

Unwrapped toys for the Toys for Tots program can be dropped off at Coldwell Banker Sun Country Realty located at 750 NW 3rd Street, and some other sites around town.  Look for the bright red signs!

Drop boxes for clothing, gifts, and non perishable food will be available from November 10 to December 19 and are located at the City of Prineville, Meadowlakes Restaurant/Golf Course, Les Schwab Tire Store, Pine Theater, Crestview Cable TV, the Crook County Courthouse, Pizza Hut, Brothers Diner, Outback Pizzeria, Starbucks, Tom&Charlies, and the Prineville Fire Hall. Robberson Ford will have their sleigh ready to load up as well!