The Judith Lyford Woman's Club was founded in March of 1912. In a History of the Judith Lyford Woman's Club, written in part by historian Emma Goodale on May 25, 1918, "several of the ladies of this town had been agitating the advisability of forming a woman's club."
On March 6, 1912, twelve ladies met at Mrs. Gertrude Wells' home for the purpose of organizing a woman's club. They named the club for the "heroine," of the legendary bear story, Judith Lyford. Gertrude Wells was elected president; May Burbank, vice president; Emma Goodale, treasurer; and Carlie Smith, secretary. Executive Committee: Alice Boyles, Gertrude Osgood, Nellie williams; Entertainment Committee: Jennie Rogers, Jessie Drew, Clover Lewis. These ten ladies and Shirley Walbridge "signed the constitution and bylaws as did Shirley Walbridge, thus becoming charter members."
Club Members, June 1940-May 1941Bartlett, Mrs. Grace Hawes, Mrs. Ruth Rogers, Mrs. Mary P.
Bartlett, Mrs. Mable Holland, Mrs. Ola Rogers, Mrs. May T.
Barr, Mrs. Ida Hopkins, Mrs. Goldie Rogers, Mrs. Lillian
Burbank, Mrs. May Keenan, Mrs. Kay Simpson, Mrs. Marcia
Bellville, Mrs. Marion Laird, Mrs. Sadie Smith, Mrs. Bessie
Conant, Miss Emma Lyford, Mrs. Nellie Smith, Mrs. Clara
Coyle, Mrs. Marjorie Martin, Mrs. Mina Smith, Mrs. Kate
Chester, Mrs. Catherine McNaughton, Mrs. Florence Smith, Mrs. Lottie
Dane, Mrs. Mildred McAllister, Mrs. Anna Stevens, Mrs. Florence
Domey, Miss Lois Nelson, Mrs. Nettie Stacey, Mrs. Clarissa
Farr, Mrs. Jennie Orne, Mrs. Abbie Tebbetts, Mrs. Marjorie
Foster, Mrs. Maude Peck, Mrs. Florence Wells, Mrs. Gertrude
Gould, Mrs. Kate Perry, Mrs. Eva Williams, Mrs. Nettie
Gould, Mrs. Margaret Pike, Mrs. Harriet Williams, Miss Nellie
Gardner, Mrs. Ella Rogers, Mrs. Daisie White, Mrs. Susie
Haines, Mrs. Della Rogers, Mrs. Jennie
Harvey, Mrs. Doris Rogers, Mrs. Mary C.
Honorary Members:Bruce, Mrs. Jennie Osgood, Mrs. Gertrude Tebbetts, Mrs. Mable
Drew, Mrs. Jessie Smith, Mrs. Carlie Walbridge, Maude