1779 – Colonel Moses Hazen resumed building Bayley-Hazen Military Road, started by General Jacob Bayley in 1776.

Americans invaded Lower Canada (now Quebec) in September 1775. In April 1776,  Gen. George Washington ordered (then Colonel) Bayley of Newbury, Vermont, to build a road from Wells River, Vermont to St. John’s in Lower Canada. Approved by the Continental Congress, May 10, 1776, the military road was planned by Col.Thomas Johnson. The route was surveyed by James Whitelaw of Ryegate. The scout Joseph Susapp, known as  “Indian Joe,” was a guide. Joe & Molly  Surveyors followed the general course of the Indian trail.

Construction began under Gen. Bayley in June 1776.  Work paused for two years when word came that American invaders of lower Canada were routed.  Rumors said British forces planned to use the road to invade Vermont. When work stopped, the road was just past the Cabot - Peacham line. Work resumed in 1779, but the road was never finished. Work ended under Col. Hazen between  August and September 1779.  The road ended in Westfield, Vermont,  54-miles long. Blockhouses built at Peacham, Cabot, Walden, and Greensboro were manned by small militia garrisons at times. The Cabot blockhouse was on Fortification Hill, Cabot Plains. After the Revolutionary War, the road  helped to settle north-central Vermont. The first Cabot homes were along the road on Cabot Plains. Bayley - Hazen Military Road

1780   – Town of Cabot granted.  John Whittier cleared land on Whittier Hill; he came to Cabot Plains in 1790. Whittier family

1780-81 – A year of “great severity” due to heavy snows.

1781 – Town of Cabot was chartered by Vermont to Jesse Leavenworth and 63 others. Leavenworth never resided in  this town, but instead settled in what is now West Danville, where he built mills. Colonel Thomas Johnson of Newbury, Jacob Page and Jonathan Elkins of Peacham Reminiscences of Jonathan Elkins were abducted by loyalist Captain-Lieutenant Azariah Pritchard of the first battalion of the King's American Rangers and a party of Indians. They camped the first night on Cabot Plains. For a time thereafter it was called “Johnson’s Plain.” The prisoners of war were taken to Canada. 

Jonathan Elkins was born October 23, 1761 in Haverhill, New Hampshire. He joined Colonel Bayley’s Vermont Regiment as a scout. When Loyalist militia rangers captured him on March 6, 1781, he was carried to Quebec, then Ireland. Later Elkins was moved to Mill Prison, Plymouth, England. He was exchanged for one of Cornwallis’ men and returned to Peacham, Vermont in 1782. After the revolution, Elkins moved to Albion, New York, c.1836. In 1843, he moved to Kenosha, Wisconsin. He died May 16, 1852

"An attack was made on Peacham, Vt., March 8, 1781. Col. Thomas Johnson of Newbury, who had engaged to erect a grist mill at Peacham, arrived at the house of Jonathan Elkins on the evening of the 7th of March. About 1 o'clock the next morning, a party of Indians from Canada, invaded the house of Mr. Elkins, and made prisoners of Col. Johnson, Jacob Page, and young Jonathan Elkins, and took them to St. Johns, P. Q. The news of the foray reached Hartford by express sent by Gen. Bayley, who requested immediate help. Capt. Joshua Hazen promptly responded to the requisition and marched with a portion of his company to Piermont, N. H., but there, learning that the enemy could not be overtaken, he retraced his steps. A portion of Capt. Hazen's company was at Quechee when the dispatch was received by that officer. On receiving notification from Capt. Hazen to march to Peacham, Lieut. Wm. Bramble collected the members of the company at Quechee, and proceeded toward Peacham, but had marched no further than Dresden (Hanover, N. H.) when Capt. Hazen arrived there on his return from Peacham, and all returned to Hartford to rendezvous until again called into service."

1782 - Capt. Azariah Pritchard made an unsuccessful attempt to kidnap General Jacob Bayley at Newbury, Vermont.  Plot to kidnap Gen. Bayley

1783 – Benjamin Webster was first to settle on Cabot Plains.  He cleared land and then  brought his wife, their two-year-old daughter (who later married Hanson Rogers, Esq., in Cabot), and a hired man to the log cabin he built.  Lt. Jonathan Heath was the second settler; his family arrived two days before the Websters.  Nathaniel Webster followed, building opposite Benjamin Webster. Lt. Thomas Lyford also settled on Cabot Plains.

1786 – Town of Cabot lotted.  The survey was by Marston Cabot, Jr., formerly of Connecticut, and James Whitelaw, later Vermont Surveyor-General. 18-year-old Thomas Lyford, Jr. assisted. There were six divisions with 12 lots in each.  Proprietors met at the house of Jonathan Elkins, in Peacham, to set guidelines for the new settlement and form a committee to draw lots.  (Deacon Jonathan Elkins, from Haverhill, New Hampshire, came to Peacham and built a log cabin with his son, Jonathan, in 1775. Construction of the Bayley-Hazen road reached Peacham by July 1776; it passed the cabin. Elkins built a frame house and tavern in 1787.) Lots for were drawn on November 3, 1786. A tax of ten shillings was set to pay expenses of surveying and lotting. Cabot was named by Lyman Hitchcock to honor his “bride-elect,” Miss Sophia Cabot, of Connecticut, youngest sister of the surveyor Marston Cabot, Jr.  (See: How Cabot Got Its Name, at left.) First death:  Nathaniel West, who worked for Benjamin Webster.  West was killed felling a large birch tree.

1787 – Six more families arrived on Cabot Plains:  Lyman Hitchcock; David Blanchard; Jeremiah McDaniel; John Lyford; James Bruce; Thomas Batchelder. All came from New Hampshire with their families and settled along the military road. First child born in Cabot:  A daughter, to Thomas Blanchard on Oct. 3, 1787. Blanchard genealogy

1788 – The first town meeting was held on Cabot Plains on February 4, 1788.  Warned by Walter Brock, Justice of the Peace.  There were probably 10 or 12 voters at the time. Second child born: Mercy Blanchard, b. Apr. 1, d. April 14, the 2nd death. James Blanchard 1753 - 1817 Fifield Lyford settled in Cabot.  Fifleld Lyford was born 1763, in Exeter, N. H. ; He died 18 April, 1846, at the home of his son-in-law, T. E. Wilson, in Bethel, Vt. He married, first, Elizabeth Sanborn. She was born 1764, in Epping, N. H. She was the daughter of Daniel Sanborn who was born 6 May, 1742, in Epping. Fifield's second marriage, in 1820, was to Judith K. (Heath) Lyford, widow of his brother David. She died, 11 April, 1854.

Engaged, 4 July, 1780;  discharged, 25 Oct., 1780, in Capt. Ebenezer Webster’s Company,  Col. Moses Nichols’ Regiment of Militia, raised by the State of N. H., and joined the Continental Army at West Point in 1780 (N. H. State Papers, Vol. xvr, p. 149).  He was Selectman of Cabot,1795-’96-’98-1801 ; was 2d Lieutenant, 31st- Infantry in the war of 1812, and his was the last burial in the cemetery in the center of the Town of Cabot.

T. E. Wilson of Bethel, Vt., wrote (25 May, 1894), " When 13 years old Fifield went into the army of the Revolution, as servant to his father, Lt. Thomas Lyford; he separated with his father at Ticonderoga ; went to West Point, and was body guard for Arnold when the traitor deserted. While there he saw Arnold beat a sick soldier with his cane, and broke it over his back ; he threw the pieces into a ditch. Fifield, boy like, picked up the end with the ivory head, put it on a hickory for himself, and kept it till his death." Fifield lived in Northfield, 1785, and in 1788, went to Cabot, Vt.

1789 – First vote to defray expenses in town by taxing 12 bushels of wheat. James Morse first settled at the Center of Town [geographic center of the six-mile-square town].   Morse built the first “hotel” of logs.  The second home at the Center was built by Oliver Walbridge.

1788-89 – Lt. Thomas Lyford, millwright, built an up and down sawmill on the Winooski River.  The mill was located where John Brown’s shop was later.  There was a pond at the “upper end of the street.”  Lyford also built, with his son, Thomas Jr., a grist mill in Cabot.

1790 – Dr. Gershom Beardsley came to settle in Cabot. Gershom Beardsley 1753 - 1826 Eight acres of land at the Center of Town was presented to the town by Jesse Leavenworth, Major Hitchcock, and Asa Douglas “for public use.”  Luther Wheatley built a store there; later Hector McLean had it.

1791 – Lt. Thomas Lyford elected town representative, but for some reason did not attend Legislature. The Osgood family came to Cabot to settle.  Four brothers came in the spring and boarded with the Whittiers.  Father, William, and six sons came in the fall. Voted "the width of sleds shall be four feet and six inches from outside to outside."  Anyone whose sled was less would be fined five dollars for every offense.

1792 – James Morse elected town representative; attended Legislature in Rutland.  He was also the first Justice of the Peace. The first school, taught by John Gunn, was a log cabin at the foot of Shephard Hill, near the Hazen Road on the Plain.  A few years later, another school house was built nearby and was designated District 1. 

1793 – First full slate of town officers elected:  Capt. James Moss, moderator; Lyman Hitchcock, town clerk; Samuel Danforth, James Moss, David Blanchard, selectmen; Thomas Lyford, treasurer;  Thomas Batchelder, constable and collector; Ephraim Marsh, grand juryman; James Chapman,  Martin Durgin, Thomas Osgood, surveyors of highways; Ezekiel Gilman, hog-ward; Edward  Chapman, fence-viewer; Jonathan Heath, pound-keeper; Fifield Lyford, sealer of weights and measures; Thomas Lyford, leather sealer; listers and selectmen were also appointed. Deacon James Marsh (Cong.Church) arrived from Plymouth N. H. and settled near the Center of Town. Population was 122; second school district formed.  (District 1 was on Cabot Plains; District 2 was at the Center.)  This district had a log schoolhouse. It was burned later and a better one built.

1794 – Lt. Lyford built the first house in the village.  It was where the Lance house later stood.  The second house was built by Samuel Lee; third by Elias Hitchcock. John Dana bought the house where Mrs. Haines was and started the first mercantile business in Cabot. Later George Dana built a large store.  (John Dana once owned most of the land that became the village.) Dr. Parley Scott came from Craftsbury Common to settle on Cabot Plains, practicing in Cabot nearly 50 years.

1795 – First Board of Listers elected:  (The work had been done by the selectmen.)  Capt. David Blanchard, Fifield Lyford, and Samuel Warner. First marriage:  David Lyford to Judith Heath, July 23, performed by James Morse, Esq.

1796 – Voted to move town business offices from Cabot Plains to the Center of Town.  Residents of Cabot Plains threatened to secede. Marcus O. Fisher was born in Cabot. He and his wife, Fanny Hall, lived in the "old red house" in the village.

1797 – Every “able bodied man between the ages of 18 and 45 was obliged to do military duty.”  David Blanchard was first captain of the military company. Col. John Stone settled on land near where the Lower Village (Durant) Cemetery is now. William Haines settled in what is now Lower Cabot, where the Gould farm is.  Moses Stone built a sawmill. Later, the Haines woolen factory located there. Enoch Hoyt bought 320 acres of land on West Hill in Cabot from Edmund Gilman. Hoyt came with four brothers, some moved to Wisconsin. The Hoyt farm later became the Orson Kimball farm. Leonard Orcutt, Esq. arrived in Cabot with his mother when he was 18 years old.  He soon became town agent, assisting in all town lawsuits.

1799 – James Butler was the first settler on Southwest Hill. Elihu Coburn was one of the first to settle near the river in Lower Cabot. He and wife, Abigail Putnam, kept a public house, “Farmer’s Tavern,” where town business was often transacted.

1800 – A school in Lower Cabot was built. It became District 3. Joseph Fisher elected captain of the military company; John Stone was elected sergeant; there were several unnamed officers and eleven privates; they met at the parade grounds at the Center of Town. Second marriage in Cabot: Solomon W. Osgood to Ruth Marsh, Jan. 3, by Joseph Fisher, Esq. The town purchased an acre of land at the center for a burying ground.

1801 – Voted to organize a Congregational Church.  Officers:  Thomas Osgood, clerk; Oliver Walbridge, treasurer; Joseph Fisher, Horace Beardsley, Thomas Osgood, assessors; Clement Coburn, John Edgerton, Reuben Atkins, committee; Moses Stone, collector. Rev. John Joslin engaged as pastor. Services held at the Center Schoolhouse. William Osgood died on Feb. 5, 1801. His was the first burial at the Center of Town Cemetery. Clement Coburn built the first gristmill in Lower Cabot

1802 – John Winchester Dana, Jr. and John Damon deal in land, cattle, etc. on Cabot Plains. Both later lived in the village. John Dana opened a store south of the Yellow House Tavern on Cabot Plains. (John Winchester Dana Jr.'s mother was Hannah Pope Putnam Dana, her father was Major General Israel Thomas Putnam, "Old Put," of the Battle of Bunker Hill.)  John Edgerton and Gershom Beardsley were elected the first tithing men. They were to see there was “no hunting, fishing or lounging about” on the Sabbath. Anyone violating the Sabbath was arrested, brought before a magistrate, and fined. Thomas Lyford was born in Cabot. He gave a long account of Cabot history one evening and apparently suffered a stroke after the meeting. He never spoke again; he died 23 days later on June 23, 1881.

1803 – Col. John Stone married Betsey Huntoon of Kingston, N.H.  and brought her to his Cabot farm. Baptist Church organized.  Officers elected:  Perley Scott, clerk; Fifield Lyford, treasurer; John N. Gunn, John Whittier, John Spiller, assessors; Enoch Hoyt, collector; Samuel Kingston, John Blanchard, Thomas Lyford, committee. The family of James and Sarah Shepard was “warned out of town” because they were not prosperous and the town feared they would become a town charge.

1804 – Zerah Colburn was born in Cabot.  He became a celebrated math prodigy and toured Europe.

1806 – Frame for Congregational Church raised. Oliver Walbridge appointed first surveyor of wood and lumber.

1807 – First Methodist meetings on Cabot Plains.  Elder Thomas Branch probably preached. Twelve families warned out of town because they were poor.

1808 – First mail service through Cabot; carrier was Henry Denny, on horseback, traveling from Montpelier to the Canada line, passing through Cabot, Danville, Lyndon, Barton and on north.  Round trip took about 10 days.  He brought letters and The Vermont Watchman, published in Montpelier. Nicholas Warner was the first postmaster at Cabot.

1809 – Hanson Rogers built the first distillery in town on Cabot Plains; in 1810 the potato crop was used for whiskey.  Shortly after, Judge Dana built another distillery half a mile away; others soon followed. Excess shipped to Boston or Portland.

1810 – Parker Hooker built a sawmill in South Cabot. He lived in Peacham, four miles away. The mill was rebuilt by Liberty Hooker in 1839. Business began to shift to the Winooski River valley.

1811 – First class at Methodist Church formed.  Members:  Mrs. Judge Dana, Mrs. Dr. Scott, Mrs. B. Webster, Mrs. Hills, Mrs. N. Webster, Mrs. Durgin, Mrs. Rogers.  Shortly afterwards, the first men joined:  Judge J. W. Dana, Daniel Smith, Dr. Scott.

1812 – The Yellow House became known as the “Smugglers’ House” and a pond beyond as “Smugglers’ Pond.”

1813 – Second cemetery laid out in Lower Cabot. Col. John Stone and Joseph Coburn each donated ½  acre of their land. The cemetery is now known as Durant Cemetery.

1813-14 – Spotted fever epidemic.

1814 – The militia, including minutemen from Woodbury and Calais, was called out on September 11, expecting to engage the British during a battle in Plattsburgh. They camped overnight in Montpelier Center, but the British were defeated and the men returned home. A small cemetery was laid out on West Hill, near the school, on land later owned by Orson Kimball. There were 19 burials there. All were moved when a new cemetery, still in use, was laid out a short distance away. Jeremiah Babcock appointed postmaster. He lived on what was later the Dow farm, not far from the post road.  Mail not delivered from horseback along the way was taken to church and distributed there on Sunday.

1815 – Apple trees planted by first settlers began to produce. Cider mills sprang up.

1816 – Known as “The Year of Famine” because 5 inches of snow fell on June 4th and 5th, ruining crops. Year With No Summer W. S. Atkins built another distillery and found a market in Canada, despite it being illegal to supply the British.  More distilleries built, making a total of 12 in operation at one time.

1817 – George Sumner elected captain of the militia; enrollment was 52 men. John Edgerton and David Lyford donated land for a new cemetery on West Hill. A distillery was built where the Union Block stood later.  The building then became a tannery and a “currying and shoe-shop.” John Heath was second settler in East Cabot. John Clark owned a tavern opposite Molly's Pond, “The Pond House.” George Rogers had a farm near the school house.

1818 – John Edgerton was the first burial at West Hill Cemetery. He died on March 8.

1820 – The Village Cemetery laid out on ½ acre of land donated by John W. Dana.  Eliza Dutton, 22, was the first burial.  It was later enlarged to 1 acre. First Camp Meeting held in the grove of Daniel Smith, later the A. M. Foster sugar woods.  Presiding elder was John Linsey. Avery Atkins built a dam at the brook in the western part of town. This formed what is now called West Hill Pond. It flooded the "great meadow" formerly used by early settlers and Indians to grow hay. Harvey Babcock was appointed postmaster to replace his father, Jeremiah. He moved the post office to Lower Cabot. Captain Covel, Sr., carried the mail for several years; Mr. Babcock resigned.

1822 – First overseer of the poor elected was Daniel Smith. John Dana deeded 1 1/8 acres of land to the town for a common, to be used especially for drills.

1822-23 – First Methodist church built.

1823 – Farmers began to believe raising so many potatoes was “running out their farms,” so turned to other crops.

1824 – Congregational meeting house at the Center of Town was taken down and removed to the village. Town voted to “not elect an overseer of the poor.”

1825 – Reuben Atkins cleared land in Petersville, in the southeast corner of Cabot. Cabot Plains graveyard opened.  Land donated by Alpheus Bartlett. Alvira Covell was first burial.

1826 – On the west side of the river, William Scales built a blacksmith shop and a small foundry. Congregational Church building taken down at the Center and rebuilt in the village.

1827 – First Temperance Society organized by Rev. Henry Jones.

1827 – Hector McLean appointed postmaster. Captain Covell died and Deacon Adams became mail carrier; he initiated a horse-drawn stage to carry the mail.  When Adams died, Deacon Kellogg became mail carrier.

1829 – Free Will Baptists built a meeting house on West Hill.

1829 – A road was built from Danville four corners to Cabot; Lyman Clark drove the first stage. Traffic previously went over the Cabot Plains. This new road was the main thoroughfare to Montpelier for the next 45 years.

1830 – First petition for a road from Molly's Pond, East Cabot to Marshfield turned down. It was built in 1865.

1831 – Overseer of the Poor reinstated: John Damon elected. A Total Abstinence Society organized. (No records, only a notation by J.M.Fisher in Vermont Historical Magazine; this group may not have flourished.

1832 – No distilleries remained in Cabot.

1833 – Wool carding and cloth dressing establishment run by George Fielding.  It was where the carriage shop was later.  In August, 1833, the building was washed away by a flood.  It was rebuilt in   1834, and eventually Jason Britt bought the business and expanded it to include a carriage shop.  The carriage shop was later knows as “Cabot Carriage Company,” and was run by A. P. Marshall and W. W. Buchanan.  The business closed after three or four years and the property became J. A.    Farrington’s. (Note:  According to Rev. Fred Blodgett, The Blodgett Papers, two painters who worked at the carriage shop, Clark and Heath, painted the stage curtain now at Willey Memorial Hall – a replica of the famous painting by Culver, “Along the Oregon Trail.”

1834 – Moses Clark donated land for the South Cabot Cemetery.  His six-month-old son was the first burial. George Dana appointed postmaster. He removed the post office from Lower Cabot to the Village.

1838 – Joseph Lance,, Esq., who was in the mercantile business in Calais, bought the estate of Judge Dana.

1839 – Bell for Congregational church tower was purchased (1100 lbs., $300.)

1840 – The tannery was powered by water instead of horse power.  It was owned by Marcus Fisher, who sold it and the Union Block was built. The new building had stores, offices, etc. A starch factory was built where Mrs. Lance's house later stood. Later moved across the river to where the hotel stood.  [May have been part of Union Block.] The hotel building was first owned by Fisher, then Horace Bliss. In 1895 kept by William Whittier, who repaired and renovated it.  It was sold in 1881 to W. W. Buchanan.

1841 – Canker-rash epidemic.

1842 – An Abstinence Society founded at Lower Cabot:  Benjamin F. Scott, president; James M. Harris,  vice president; M. P. Wallace, Eben Smith, Jr., A. T. Gibson, committee.  At one time had 196 members, but ceased to exist within a few months.

1843 – Beginnings of the Advent Church meetings at West Hill and Lower Cabot; no formal church organized. Dr. M. P. Wallace, a graduate of Hanover Medical College in 1842, opened a practice in Cabot.

1843-44 – Erysipelas epidemic. (also known as "St. Anthony's fire).

1845 – Joseph Lance, Esq., moved from Calais to Cabot. Prominent dealer in cattle and sheep.

1847 -  East Cabot Cemetery opened.

1848 – Cracked bell at Congregational church replaced. Committee formed to purchase a “poor farm” and stock it: Joseph Lance, Jacob Way, Joseph Hoyt. They bought the farm and stock for $1,947.89.

1849 – Congregational church building torn down and moved to present location in the Village.

1850 – Free Will Baptist church lost its organization; building on West Hill abandoned.

1852 – Methodist Church renovations begun.  Building Committee:  Joseph Lance, Paul Dean, John Clark. 

1853 – Committee to build the Methodist parsonage:  Allen Perry, Jerry Atkins, Robert Lance.  Joseph Lance gave land for the parsonage.  A barn was donated to the church and added to the existing building.

1854 – The town purchased its first hearse, for $100.

1855 – A “commodious house” was built at the Poor Farm. Hon. John McLean died. Born in Peacham, he became a leader in Cabot.

1857 – Meeting house for the Advent Church built through efforts of Dr. M. P. Wallace.

1858 – Peter Lyford formed a school district in Petersville.  There were 4 dwellings; 1 school; 1 saw-mill.

1858 – The Advent Church dedicated and organized with 40 members. Deacons were Nathan Wheeler and Erasmus L. Burnap; M. P. Wallace, scribe.  Samuel W. Thurber was first pastor.

1862 – Dr. S. L. Wiswall, a graduate of Woodstock Medical School, set up practice in Cabot

1862-63 – Diphtheria epidemic.

1864 – Good Templar's Lodge organized:  Rev. S. F. Drew, pastor of the Congregational church was presiding officer over 19 charter members.  First officers:  S. F. Drew, Mrs. Edwin Fisher, Wm. Atkins, Miss Lucy Ray, Wm. Gould, Mrs. O. L. Hoyt, Moses Haines, Miss Olive Stone, R. A. Gunn, Miss Abbie Hoyt, Miss Levina Gould, O. L. Hoyt, William Atkins, F. G. Hoyt, Allen Walbridge, N. J. Mason, and George Dow. They met in homes, the village hall, Masonic Hall, and eventually the hall of John Brown.

1865 – T. H. Lance opened a new cemetery adjoining the original Village burial ground, charging for lots.

1866 – The Village of Cabot incorporated November 19. Good Templar's Lodge updated.

1868 – Nathaniel Webster left for Minneapolis, Minnesota to be near family.

1870 – The first post office established in Lower Cabot, Cornelius Smith was postmaster.

1871 – Telegraph service by the Vermont International Telegraph Company came to Cabot.  The telegraph was at Sprague & Wells’ store. Charles B. Putnam was manager of the telegraph office.  One year later, Hiram Wells  appointed to run the office.

1872 – New interest in Methodist church brought about painting, frescoes, carpeting ($200), chandelier ($50).

1874 – Methodists install a bell which cost between $400 and $500, a gift from Paul Dean and Jeremiah Atkins.

1881 – Lower Cabot had 30 dwellings; 1 meeting house; 1 store; 1 blacksmith shop; a woolen factory; and a wheel wright shop. Population of Village was 238. There were 64 dwellings; 2 stores; 1 millinery shop; 1 hotel; 2 blacksmith shops; 1 carriage manufacturer; 1 cooper shop; 1 grist-mill; 1 saw-mill; 1 graded school; 2 churches.

1891 – South Cabot had:  13 dwellings; 1 store; a post office; a saw-mill; a grist-mill; a blacksmith shop; a school house; a wagon manufacturer; and a “wood and iron workshop” which burned in 1876.

1896 – Methodist Church organ installed.

1901 – Electricity installed at the Congregational Church.

1919 - Cabot Creamery founded.

1928 – Congregational and Methodist church groups merge; Methodist church building sold to school. The Congregational Ladies Missionary Circle and the Methodist Ladies Aid merged to become Willing Workers.  The Methodist organ went to the Congregational Church; the Congregationalists removed the unsafe steeple and bell from the Methodist Church building; the bell was sold to a scrap dealer and is believed to be in the East Barre Catholic church.

2010 - Voters dissolved the incorporated Village of Cabot. The Town took over village government functions.


Note:  Much of this information is from A. M. Fisher's history written in about 1881 and published in Vermont Historical Magazine; and from The Blodgett Papers, published in 2008 by Cabot Historical Society.  This is a work in progress.