The following are selected links to various organizations associated with the fields of History, Historical Research, and Military History:
- American Association for State & Local History - Preserving and interpreting state and local history in order
to make the past more meaningful to all Americans.
Historical Association - The largest historical society in the U.S. Founded in 1884 for the promotion of
historical studies, the collection and preservation of historical documents and
artifacts, and the dissemination of historical research.
- Center for History & New Media - Using technology
to provide free access to digitized archives, learning modules, and research
- Institute of Historical
Research - A British institution offering a wide range of services both
onsite and remotely which promote and facilitate excellence in historical
research, teaching and scholarship.
- Library of Congress - Serves as the research arm of the U.S. Congress. It is also the largest library in the
- National Archives - The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is
the record keeper of all documents and materials created in the course of
business conducted by the U.S. Federal government.
- Organization of
American Historians - Promoting excellence in the scholarship, teaching, and
presentation of American history.
- Smithsonian American History Museum - Preserving, protecting, and displaying America's historic treasures.
- Society for
Military History - Devoted to stimulating and advancing the study of military
Military History Institute - A library, archive and research facility that deals
primarily with military history and strategic studies with emphasis on the
history of the U.S. Army.
- World History
Association - Founded in 1982 for the promotion of world history through
the encouragement of teaching, research, and publication.
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email email@example.com