The following are selected links to web sites focused on Historical research and the use of digital media and information technology:
- Academic Earth - Founded with the goal of giving everyone on earth access to a world-class education.
- Best of History Web Sites - History portal created by EdTechTeacher with links to over 1200 history web sites.
- Center for Teaching History with Technology - A
resource created to help K-12 history and social studies teachers
incorporate technology effectively into their courses.
- Center for History
and New Media (CHNM) - Information on uses
of digital media and technology to preserve and present history online,
transform scholarship across the humanities, and advance historical
education and understanding.
- Free Federal Resources for Educational Excellence - Making it easier to find teaching and learning
resources from the federal government.
- Linux Professional Institute - Advocating, training, & certifying individuals in the professional use of Linux and Open Source software.
History Education Clearinghouse - Helping K–12 history
teachers access online resources and materials to improve U.S. history
- Open Research & Learning
Blogs, Tweets, & Videos about innovative open source & education solutions.
Source Software in Education - A
report published in EduCause Quarterly about open source options.
- Reading, Writing, and
Researching for History - Providing
guidance on preparing a research paper for a college-level history
- WikiMedia Commons - An online repository of freely licensed, sharable educational photos and images available on the internet.
* Visit the 'Open' Education web site
** Also, check out the Open Education & Training Video Playlist
If you would like to suggest
material or links to be added to this
web site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org