Hip Hop websites are more ephemeral than your average website. If you find a broken link, please let us know.
- Does Hip Hop Hate Women?
- Saturday, April 28, 2007 — University of Chicago Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture
- Feminism and Hip Hop Conference
- Thursday, April 7-Saturday, April 9, 2005 — University of Chicago Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture
- Hip Hop and Social Change
- October 3-4, 2003 — Field Museum, Chicago, IL
- Hip Hop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes
- Friday, April 27, 2007 — University of Chicago Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture
- Political Action and Social Responsibility in Hip-Hop
- April 13-17 — Oberlin College
- Alpha-n-Omega Online Magazine
- Part of the Underground Hip Hop Ring
- published by Stanford University's Committee
on Black Performing Arts.
- a music review site hosted by the Archives of African American Music & Culture (AAAMC) at Indiana University
- Tha Hip Hop Connection
- News, columns, videos and more
- Hottest Hip-hop online
- Vibe Magazine online
- is a relatively new magazine
that covers hip hop with interesting articles
HIP HOP LINKS
- The 88 Hip Hop
Channel -- Pseudo Online Network
- "The world's most dangerous site" according to the web site
Clubs at Google
Madison University 's Breakdancing Club
- The New Chop
- Danny Hoch
- Danny Hoch won an OBIE award for his solo show Some People
at Performance Space 122 and the Joseph Papp Public Theater in 1994.
- DavyD's Hip Hop
- a good introductory page
- Home of gay hip-hop artists Tim'm T. West (25 percenter) and others.
- independent hip hop label from Madrid (Spain), ther you can find music,
videos, bios, etc.
- a good place to hear D/DC's music and read "the latest news
- Here's some links around the web about gays and hiphop. This is where
to look for info about gay and lesbian rappers.
- Hip Hop 101
- Oberlin College student group devoted to maintaining a diverse representation of Hip Hop on the Oberlin College campus.
Sponsors a bi-annual Hip Hop conference in hopes of starting an ongoing dialogue of issues surrounding the Hip Hop
- The Hip Hop Archive
- Harvard University
- Hip Hop Congress
- The Hip Hop Congress uses the culture of Hip Hop to inspire young
people to get involved social action, civic service, and cultural creativity. Info on the national organization,
local chapters, artists, a webzine & more
- Hip-hop Linguistics
- an underground-based hip-hop website and online hip-hop magazine created to give hip-hop heads a portal into the
positive, conscious, and thought-provoking hip-hop ignored by mainstream media outlets and web sites.
- The Hip-hop Nerd
- Hip-hop Pow
- Hip-hop news, dance, honeys, video, music, and more
- Hip-hop theater festival
- Hip hop record labels
- a list of over two thousand Hip-Hop record labels from allrecords.com
- Queers with attitude kick open the hip-hop closet
- Hyphy - San Francisco Bay area hip-hop style
- Wikipedia article
- "Tell me when to go! Hyphy: The Oakland music craze that's sweeping the nation" (KPIX TV video article)
- Karter Louis
- Prince of hip-hop/Soul
- The online version of the UK's specialist magazine for drum &
bass, jungle, hip hop, breaks and street culture.
- Mc Lyte
- hip-hop performer
- Wikipedia article
- Neblina Records
- Hip-hop internet label. "Neblina records is a new type of hip-hop
label, . . . based . . . on the internet." (From
- Om Records
- Our goal is not only to produce the highest quality music, but is
to deliver to a global audience music which inspires personal creativity
and social awakening.
Heads on the Web with Hip Hop Pages
- Now an angelfire site with annoying pop-unders.
- Rainbow Flava
- San Francisco's original queer hip-hop crew
- Support Online Hip-hop
- "the finest specialty hip-hop catalog on the planet."
- Best overall hip-hop site according to Rolling Stone magazine
- Terrelonge Records
- provides music production, artist signing, management, songwriting,
and public relations services.
- Urban Think
- a community-based home for a body of thinkers, committed to repositioning
Hip Hop culture by providing platforms that encourage public discourse
HIP HOP LISTSERV/NEWSGROUP
- Turntablism List firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Turntablism List was started to offer a platform for people to discuss turntablism.
- More specifically, to discuss scratching and juggling techniques, equipment, and the culture surrounding turntablism.
- Keystyles List: email@example.com
- This list is for the discussion of freestylin' and MCing in general. It is also permissible to drop "transcripts" of freestyles (known as keystyles). In general this is a place for the constructive interchange of ideas about freestylin', rhyming techniques, MCing and all that. In other words, it is to rappin' what turntablism is to DJing.
- Bizness List firstname.lastname@example.org
- This list is about the discussion of the business end of hiphop, including getting record contracts, lawyers, starting a label, getting signed, producing, starting and running a magazine and anything else you can think of.
HIP HOP REFERENCE
- Rap/Hip-hop Artists
- from The Bomp Bookshelf
- The Broadcaster file
- the novice guide to hip hop and the Swedish hip-hop history
- About.com article
- allhip-hop.com feature
- Wikipedia article
- Topic - Hip-Hop Music & Culture
- The Totally Unofficial Rap Dictionary
- Hip-hop and rap resources
- compiled by Andrew Leach
- Hip-hop directory.com
- Audio sites, clubs and events, online magazines and more
- Hip-hop research portal
- A database designed to collect records supporting the research needs of
those studying Hip Hop culture. The four 'elements' of Hip Hop culture
include MC's, D.J’s,
Break dancing , and Graffiti.
- The Hiphop Archive Portal's mission is to facilitate and encourage the pursuit of knowledge, art, culture and responsible leadership through Hiphop
- a Washington DC based non-profit serving the youth of America, includes
the Journal of Hip-Hop, a journal to critique and advance Hip-hop culture
- Hip Hop Research Guide (.pdf file)
- Courtesy of Tiffeni J. Fontno, Librarian
- Hiphop Scholar
- A forum for people to participate in the preservation
of Hiphop Culture, includes "[i]nsightful essays, poetry & reviews
from Hiphoppas from the global community offering various critical perspectives."
- OHHLA.com: Original Hip-Hop (Rap) Lyrics Archive
- Talk Culture lyrics list
Entertainment:Music:Genres:Rap and Hip Hop
- Zulu Nation
- Biographies, Hip-Hop history and more. Be careful, some of the links to the
top level page do not work
INTERNATIONAL HIP HOP
- African Hip Hop
- Sound World (Australia)
- Deutschland Hip Hop
- Nederhop Webring
- Dutch language webring
- Italian Hip hop
- I.T.N. The Italian Turntablism Newsletter
- Italian language
- Norwegian Hip Hop
- Spanish language hip hop links
- Hip Hop Yaik
- California Dentist makes gold crowns with diamond studs for the Hip-Hop
© John Ranck, D.M.A.