Links to useful web sites dealing with professional development for teachers:Recommended reading for all teachers:
Recommended reading for teachers in higher education:
- Ambrose, S. A., Bridges, M. W., DiPietro, M., Lovett, M. C., & Norman, M. K. (2010). How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Covey, S. R. (2004). The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. New York, NY: Free Press.
- Langer, E. J. (1997). The Power of Mindful Learning. Cambridge, MA: Perseus Books.
- Palmer, P. J. (2007). The Courage to Teach: Exploring the Inner Landscape of a Teacher's Life, 10th Anniversary Edition. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Palmer, P. J. (2007). The Courage to Teach Guide for Reflection and Renewal, 10th Anniversary Edition. San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Recommended reading for teachers in K-12 education:
- Bain, K. (2004). What the Best College Teachers Do. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Brookfield, S. D. (1995). Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, Inc.
- Svinicki, M., & McKeachie, W. J. (2010). McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers (13th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Kellough, R. D., & Jarolimek, J. D. (2008). Teaching and Learning K-8: A Guide to Methods and Resources (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Kellough, R. D., & Kellough, N. G. (2011). Secondary School Teaching: A Guide to Methods and Resources (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Stronge, J. H. (2007). Qualities of Effective Teachers (2nd ed.). Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.