Home‎ > ‎

Complaints Procedure

We aim to provide the highest quality education and care for all our children.  We aim to offer a welcome to each individual child and family and to provide a warm and caring environment within which all children can learn and develop as they play.

We believe children and parents are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt, careful attention to their needs and wishes.  Our intention is to work in partnership with parents and the community generally and we welcome suggestions on how to improve our group at any time.

Making concerns known

The role of the registering authority

In some circumstances, it will be necessary to bring in the local authority registration and inspection unit, who have a duty to ensure laid down requirements are adhered to.  The registering authority would be involved if a child appeared to be at risk or where there seemed to be a possible breach of registration requirements.  In these cases both parent and setting would be informed and there would be a proper investigation of the complaint followed by appropriate action.  We believe that most complaints can be sorted out at an early stage.  We also believe that it is in the best interests of the setting and parents that complaints should be taken seriously and dealt with fairly and in a way which respects confidentiality

Who to contact to seek advice or express concerns about a child’s welfare.


·         Hoppers DSL                                      01270 878205

·         ChECs                                                0300 123 5012

·         NSPCC C. P. Help line                       0808 800 5000

·         National Child line                               0800 1111

·         Cheshire Police                                  0845 458 0000

·         Family Information Service                 0300 123 5033


·        Ofsted                                     0300 123 123 1


If you have any concerns regarding the care of your child or the group, and you are not sure who to contact, please telephone Ofsted on the above number and they will advise you what to do next.