Professor of Economics and Management
Graduate School of Commerce and Management
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi
Tokyo 186-8601, Japan
email: my first name dot my last name atmark r.hit-u.ac.jp
Office hours: By appointment. Please send me an email with a few possible dates/times you can make.
- Information Acquisition, Decision Making, and Implementation in Organizations (joint with Kimiyuki Morita). (SSRN) (online appendix)
- Organizing for Change: Preference Diversity, Effort Incentives, and Separation of Decision and Execution. RIETI Discussion Paper 15-E-082, July 2015. (abstract) (nontechnical summary in Japanese)
- The Theories of International Outsourcing and Integration: A Theoretical Overview from the Perspective of Organizational Economics. JCER Discussion Paper No.96, July 2006. (pdf)
- The Firm as a Legal Entity: What Distinguishes Wholly Owned Subsidiaries from Internal Divisions in Japan? (joint with Zenichi Shishido). May 2001. (abstract)
Work in Progress
- Organizing for Change: The Optimality of Pro-Changer Organizations
- Relational Contracts with Differential Time Preferences (joint with Eric S. Chou and Chien-Lung Chen)
Teaching (in Japanese)
- Introduction to Organizational Economics (Undergraduate, Spring/Summer 2016).
- Special Topics on Industrial Economics (Graduate, Spring/Summer 2016).
- Introduction to Business Economics (Undergraduate, Autumn/Winter 2016-2017). join the course at manaba
- Special Topics on Organizational Economics (Graduate, Autumn/Winter 2016-2017). join the course at manaba
- Seminar (zemi) for Second-Year Students (Undergraduate, 2016-2017).
Former and current students in academia (incomplete): for them I serve(d) as an (de facto) academic (co-)advisor (doctoral, master, and/or undergraduate), and/or wrote recommendation letters