yield: 1 serving
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk, well-shaken
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, preferably organic
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp all-fruit blueberry preserves, such as St. Dalfour
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and buttermilk
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Set aside to rest.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- When hot, spoon the batter into the skillet by the 1/4 cupful.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the batter, (about 1-2 minutes), the pancakes are ready to be flipped.
- Flip pancakes and let cook for another minute or so, or until golden brown.
- While pancakes are cooking, whisk together the blueberry preserves and maple syrup until well-mixed; heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Serve topped with blueberry syrup, as well as additional fresh blueberries if desired.
449.2 calories, 2.8 grams fat, 0.8 grams saturated fat, 8.2 grams fiber, 40.5 grams sugar, 15 grams proteinRecipe printed from Healthy Food For Living (www.healthyfoodforliving.com)
Copyright © Healthy Food For Living. All rights reserved.