Art is essential to the quality of life! The GFWC Arts Community Service Program encourages members to promote and support arts activities in all communities. It is designed to inspire clubwomen to engage the creative ambiance within their lives. Create programs and projects that include music, dance, drama, theatre, and other arts-related areas, both traditional and innovative. The artistic experience can be outward reaching or for inner satisfaction. In other words, create an artistic experience that involves all programs and projects.
There are countless ways to incorporate art activities. Consider inviting local musicians to club meetings; donating tickets to local performances; planning a trip to local galleries, exhibits, or festivals; and volunteering as a group at local arts venues.
• Discover art, dance, and/or music courses available in your community and plan a club outing to participate in a class.
• Research dancing, music, or creative arts as an art form and consider performing for your club or other groups.
• Visit local galleries, exhibits, music festivals, and dramatic events.
• Volunteer as a docent at local historical landmarks, museums, galleries, or other venues.
• Promote local stage, screen, television, and video festivals in your area.
• Use an artistic event to raise funds to sponsor local community art and cultural programs.
• Donate tickets for others to attend cultural events.
• Establish scholarships for students studying the arts such as literature, drama, or music.
• Establish awards for club and community members acknowledging their artistic achievements.
• Collect musical instruments to donate to school and local youth bands, orchestras and/or other music programs.
• Establish and support artist-in residence programs and artist speakers.
Source: The 2012-2014 GFWC Club Manual