Operation Smile Doll Project - March 2012
Members made 22 Smile Dolls and 11 No-No armbands. Toiletries, tongue depressors, and $40 in check donations were also sent to Operation Smile.
Visit Operation Smile for more information :-)
In a world where half of the population—over three billion people—lives on less than $2.50 a day, and 21,000 children die each day due to poverty, GFWC encourages clubs to reach beyond their own
communities and consider how they can make a global impact. The GFWC International Outreach Community Service Program is designed to enable members to become better world citizens through advocacy, education, and action, which will, in turn, affect change in and for our global friends and their communities. In most cases, GFWC members cannot physically be present to assist and make changes in countries around the world; however, members can be assured that the donations made through our
partnership agencies are reaching those in the greatest need.
There are countless ways to support global development. Consider raising cultural awareness; celebrating ethnicities; fundraising activities to support healthy child development; advocating for basic human needs such as food, water, clothing, and education; and promoting self-sufficiency.
• Help children all over the world by funding life-saving vaccines.
• Participate in international cultural exchanges.
• Educate your club and community about major issues and challenges facing people in developing countries.
• Support the development of healthy and sustainable communities around the world.
• Ensure children have access to health, education, equality, and protection.
• Provide support and encourage growth and sustainability by donating gifts such as livestock to families in need.
• Educate members about United Nations programs concerning women and children.
• Promote legislation in support of human rights around the world.
• Provide members with direct service opportunities for persons in developing countries through our program partners.
Source: The 2012-2014 GFWC Club Manual