Looks like we are ready to go for the Midwest Google Apps Summit for 2012. The response for the event has been incredible and I am excited for 3 days of learning. I have all of my materials put together (although I will add and tweak leading up to the presentation).I cant wait to see everyone there!
Google Apps for Education
Spend a week at Google Camp!
Engage, motivate, collaborate and cooperate your way to success! Leveraging the power of Google Apps helps teachers transform their classrooms into rich learning environments.
Maine Township High School District 207 located near O’Hare Airport in Illinois, has been using
has partnered with them on several webinars and presentations. Activities and projects created from a wide variety of content areas by our Students, Faculty, and Staff have been featured around the world in presentations and at conferences. Come spend a week at Maine 207 learning hands-on from our experts how Google Apps tools can be used to transform your classroom into a cooperative and collaborative learning environment, prepare to become a Google Certified Trainer, or learn to deploy and administer the Google Apps for Education suite in your school district
The Courses we offer include:
* Maine Township High School District 207 is an independent agent and is not a representative of Google.
I am excited to help to announce an upcoming first time ever event. The Midwest Google Apps Summit on November 3rd and 4th at the Glacier Canyon Lodge in Wisconsin Dells, WI. The summit will feature several Google Certified Trainers from across Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota, will feature members of the Google Apps for Education Team, and will also have representatives from vendors listed in the Google Marketplace.
The two days will offer presentations around a variety of Google Apps topics and tools. Sessions will include from hands-on, best-practice, classroom examples, success stories, and much more. The conference costs $250 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, refreshments, and LEARNING! Rooms are available for $70 per night.
School District 207 in Park Ridge, Illinois is offering a 1 week intensive program, August 1-5, to prepare individuals to apply to become Google Certified K-12 Apps Trainers. During the course of the week we will dive into each of Google Applications in the K-12 education suite, prepare you for the exams, provide tips on leading staff development around Google Apps, and provide opportunities for you to practice working with teachers that are learning to use the tools.
This course will be led by Google Certified Trainer Aida Awad, Science Department Chair at Maine East High School, and will be assisted by Hank Thiele who is a Google Certified Teacher, Administrator, Trainer and is one of the founders and leaders of the Illinois K-12 Google Apps User Group.
Over the course of the week we will be virtually joined by several volunteer guest speakers including:
Space is limited for this program with only 7 seats available for 5 days of training, lunches, and access to training materials for $1599. You can register for this event at https://sites.google.com/a/maine207.org/play/registration.
- Rachel Wente-Chaney: Chief Information Officer High Desert Education Service District Oregon and a Google Certified Trainer.
- Ronald Ho: Product Manager at Google
- Andy Crozier: Superintendent Andrew CSD in Andrews IA. Google Certified Teacher, Google Apps Certified Trainer, and Apple Distinguished Educator, and Leader in the Central Region K-12 Apps User Group
- Becky Evans - Google Education K-12 Team
- Molly Schroeder: Technology Integration Specialist for Edina Public Schools. Google Certified Teacher, Google Apps for EDU Certified Trainer, and Leader in the Central Region K-12 Apps User Group
- Julia Stiglitz: Google Apps for Education Business Development
- Scott Meech: Director of technology Downers Grove School District 58, leader at EdReach.us, IEAR.org, ICE Conference Committee Co-Chair, and a Google Certified Teacher.
- Jay Blackman: Co-Founder and Technical Coordinator of EdReach, Director of Information and Educational Technology for Tri-Creek School Corporation in Lowell, Indiana, a K-12 school system, Google Certified Teacher, and Leader in the Illinois K-12 Apps User Group
- Jamie Casap: Google Education Senior Evangelist
- Dan Rezac: Tech Specialist for Northbrook District #30 in Illinois, Google Certified Teacher, and Leader in the Illinois K-12 Apps User Group
- David Spangler: Google Apps Consultant for Appirio, helping schools and large enterprise companies move to the Cloud. Google Certified Administrator, Google Certified Apps Trainer, and formerly Network Manger and Google Cloud Evangelist at Maine 207.
- Lisa Thuman: I'm the Senior Specialist in Technology Education with theCenter for Mathematics, Science and Computer Education at Rutgers University in New Jersey, Google Certified Teacher, and Google Certified Trainer,.
- Dana Nguyen: Google Education Goddess (my title for Dana)