Click on the Facebook logo on left please to like Henleaze Book!
We would like to wish you a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year!
Thank you for your continued support last year;
Please continue to email us with any local or social history information on Henleaze or the immediate area.
These are just some of the happenings and information that came to light in 2015:
- Production of a paperback (sold out) and an ebook entitled:
- St Margaret's, Memories, Musings, and Merriment
- St Margaret's Old Girls' Reunion attended by over 40 'girls'. The school closed in the early 1960s.
- Westbury on Trym Heritage Trail which is available from Henleaze and Westbury on Trym libraries.
- See these links for further details http://www.activenp.co.uk/2015/10/westbury-on-trym-heritage-trail-leaflet/ and http://www.henleazeandwestburyvoice.co.uk/now-westbury-on-trym-gets-its-own-heritage-trail.html
- Joan Milton, who still lives in Henleaze, is the widow of Arthur Milton who was the Last of the Double Internationals. She was subsequently kind enough to grant Veronica access to many photographs of Arthur and also his biography by his good friend Mike Vockins. - see pdf file for further information from Joan under People of Henleaze.
- From Andrea Bamford - Growing up In Henleaze (1950s – 1970s) See Andrea Bamford pdf file link
- From Andrea Bamford - Did you know that one of the Henleaze Junior School teachers was the J K Rowling of her day?
- See Elaine Horseman - pdf file link
HENLEAZE BLOG INFORMATION BELOW
If you have FEEDBACK or anything you would like to be included please submit details through
the CONTACT US Webpage.
Copyright © 2016 Veronica Bowerman