Working on thenext sweater. I am making it out of sock yarn in a lovely blue. I am thinking
that rust would be lovely under the lace - sort of like a NM sky. I did a
preliminary swatch to look at how the stitch patterns I picked would look and
picked 2 lace and a braid. Now I am working a swatch with the three patterns to
get a gauge. I will post some pictures Monday.
I got my
handouts done for the Design Workshop and learned some more while I was doing
it. There is a lot of good information in this book.
I did not care for the yarn very much but after many
changes I am very happy with the sweater. I made it specificly for this dress.
My favorite part of knitting this was the arms. I just
love the way they were knitted off of live stitches omiting the need for any
I did make two changes to the pattern after I finished,
one was with the increase section to make it less noticable and the other was
the bind off.
The pattern will be avalable after the test knitting is
Come make this wonderful lace circle jacket. This pattern
has not been tested so participants will get a free copy of the pattern.
Yarn – Worsted or smaller
yarn, enough for long sleeved sweater.
Circular needles in size
recommended for yarn and Double pointed 2 sizes smaller.
Free – You must participate to obtain a copy of the
June 7 & 21, July 5 & 19, 3:30 – 5:30
I made this
hat for my charity knitting group.
Pattern is Bunny Tail from Itty-Bitty Hats
by Susan B. Anderson.
It is a very
well written pattern. I used size 6 DPNs because I did not have any it the size
8 I knit the hat in. It turned out to work out very well because I think the
ears are standing up a bit better than they would have otherwise. I omitted the
tail because I did not think it would be comfortable on a newborns head as they
would most likely be laying down.
I used Classic
Worsted yarn from Universal. It works up very nicely and is a washable acrylic
yarn that is soft too. All good things for baby stuff.
I am going to
make a matching sweater next.
I am not in love with the yarn (VAA 51). It looks a lot more blue than it did in the skein. I do love the soft of it.
I used the Basic Tam pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd.
Cast on 72 Stitches - worked 2” of ribbing.
I used 4 spokes – purl 2tog before the marker and after purl 2tog through the back loops – decreasing on rounds 2, 6, and 10. After one repeat of the pattern I decreased every purl row.
I am making headway on Heilki. It sure takes a long time to get around the bottom with all of these pleats. I think it is just going to be lovely. I am hoping to get it done in time for a KAL in April.
Check out the cute things I saw this week here and also here.