News!‎ > ‎

Vaccines for Home and Abroad

posted Mar 31, 2011, 1:50 PM by H. Connor   [ updated Apr 4, 2011, 12:03 PM ]

Daydreaming of spring and summer travel?

Find out the vaccines you need to stay healthy at school and abroad.

Most vaccines are given early in childhood, but college students and young adults need certain immunizations, too. These vaccines are specifically recommended for young adults ages 19-24:
  • Meningococcal conjugate vaccine protects against bacterial meningitis and may be required for some college freshmen or other students living in dorm.

  • Tdap vaccine protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis, or whooping cough.

  • HPV vaccine protects against the human papillomavirus (HPV), which causes most cases of cervical and anal cancers, as well as genital warts.

  • Seasonal flu vaccine.

If you are leaving the country to study abroad or go on school break, you may need certain vaccines before you travel – find out which vaccines you may need before you leave