Top ten reasons why we chose Google Sites for this demo:
1. It's free, and we have no funding for a web site.
2. It's insanely easy.
3. Anybody who likes the demo can set up their own local site using the same technology in just a few minutes. That means your community can get started today with a local information center using your own team of fired-up individuals.
4. We don't have to mess with the hardware, the software upgrades, the user account management services, and all the other stuff that you have to do when you run your own server.
5. We don't have to do backups.
6. It's Google, so it integrates really well with their search services, making it easy for people to find us.
7. If we wanted to we could revenuize the site with ads (which we don't) but some local groups might like that feature if they set up their own sites.
8. We can add anybody we want as a collaborator, with editing powers, so long as they have a Google account (which lots of people have).
9. You can upload and download stuff.
10. It proves you can make a difference in your own community even if you haven't got an IT staff or a big budget.