- A form of energy resulting from the existence of charged particles (such as electrons or protons), either statically as an accumulation of charge or dynamically as a current
- keen and shared excitement; "the stage crackled with electricity whenever she was on it"
- a physical phenomenon associated with stationary or moving electrons and protons
- The supply of electric current to a house or other building for heating, lighting, or powering appliances
- A state or feeling of thrilling excitement
- energy made available by the flow of electric charge through a conductor; "they built a car that runs on electricity"
- a formal way of referring to the condition of something; "the building was in good repair"
- restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken; "She repaired her TV set"; "Repair my shoes please"
- Fix or mend (a thing suffering from damage or a fault)
- the act of putting something in working order again
- Make good (such damage) by fixing or repairing it
- Put right (a damaged relationship or unwelcome situation)
- A house or an apartment considered as a commercial property
- home(a): used of your own ground; "a home game"
- The place where one lives permanently, esp. as a member of a family or household
- at or to or in the direction of one's home or family; "He stays home on weekends"; "after the game the children brought friends home for supper"; "I'll be home tomorrow"; "came riding home in style"; "I hope you will come home for Christmas"; "I'll take her home"; "don't forget to write home"
- The family or social unit occupying such a place
- provide with, or send to, a home
My first foray into electrical wiring...
The lightswitch in our bathroom died on Thursday... Rob's out of town til Sunday and I figured I probably didn't want to continue to shower in the dark until he got home so I was gonna have to change it myself. A trip to Home Depot, a screwdriver, some electrical tape and a flashlight tucked under my arm and I went to work. Being coached via text messages from Rob, I successfully removed the old switch and installed the new one. Now I can pee, poo and shower under the blaze of incandescent lighting once again!!
Wiring, Ghana Style
The light in my room quit working, so they've rewired it by sticking the cord directly into the outlet. This was how they tested the light fixture...I didn't realize they were just going to get a longer cord and leave it that way indefinitely.
Now I notice that many rooms have multiple light fixtures that seem to indicate that when one quits working, they just wire in a new one.
Some of my former landlords would be right at home with maintenance Ghana-style...