What is eLearning (Online Learning)?
In an online course, students interact and learn with their teacher, classmates and electronic resources using any Internet-connected computer.
E-Learning provides opportunities for Halton students to:
· earn the same secondary school credits in a different way
· develop 21st century eLearning skills
· learn at a flexible time (eLearning courses do not have a scheduled period but follow regular semester timelines)
· access courses that may not be offered in their secondary school
· interact in the online classroom with students from across Halton
As well, students can continue to earn secondary school credits even if they are physically absent from their high school for extended periods of time.