Welcome to eLearning in Halton
What is eLearning (Online Learning)?
In an online course, students interact and learn with their teacher, classmates and electronic
resources using any Internet-connected computer.
E-Learning provides opportunities for Halton students to:
- earn the same secondary school credits in a different way
- develop 21st century eLearning skills
- learn at a flexible time (eLearning courses do not have a scheduled period but follow regular semester timelines)
- access courses that may not be offered in their secondary school
- interact in the online classroom with students from across Halton
As well, students can continue to earn secondary school credits even if they are physically absent from their high school for extended periods of time.
E-learning can be an exciting, engaging and challenging way to earn high school credits.
But before you dive into the online world, we suggest to take a few minutes to think about if you are a suitable candidate for e-learning.
Why Test for Suitability?
Online learning is not for everyone and requires a combination of qualities (e.g., self-motivation, initiative and fluency with reading and writing).
Online courses are certainly not 'bird courses' and are as demanding and time-consuming as face-to-face classes.
Although learning online involves some flexibility, students must keep up with course due dates as with any other class.