- Your email is kept online and you access it after signing in to your webmail account
- You read your webmail in your browser just like an on-computer email client (like MS Outlook)
- You can save your email (online), delete it (trash is emptied automatically after 30 days), Archive it, or assign it to a folder for easy finding (folders called labels in Gmail)
- Your email does not take up memory space on your computer.
- Gmail has almost unlimited space so that you never have to delete any email (just archive it)
- Much spam is filtered out automatically. Any that gets through can be labeled by you as spam, and over time, Gmail learns and stops it from arriving in your inbox