● Sizes: Directions are for small size (8-10) changes for medium size (12-14) and large size (16-18) are in parentheses.
● Materials: 1 Pr. Reynolds Jumbo Jet Knitting Needles.
1 #J aluminum crochet hook
#1701 (White) Monique 7 (7-8) balls.
#1703 (Yellow) Monique 7 (7-8) balls.
#89 Super Cabri 5 (5-6) balls.
#4101 Malibu 2 (2-3) balls.
● Gauge: 3 sts = 3’’, 3 rows = 2’’
● Back: With Reynolds Jumbo Jet Knitting Needles, using 1 strand of each yarn (4) cast on 18 (20-22) sts. Starting with knit row, stockinette for 5 rows. Knit next purl row (you are now reversing stockinette pattern with purl side to front of work to form textured band). Purl next row and continue to stockinette for 4 more rows (6 purl rows. Purl next row. Resume stockinette by knitting next row (with knit side as right side), until back measures 17 (18-18)’’ from beginning or desired length to underarm.
Armhole: Bind off 2 (2-2) sts at beginning of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st each end of needle every 3rd row until 8 (8-10) sts remain. Bind off.
● Front: Same as back.
● Sleeves: Cast on 10 (12-12) sts. Starting with a knit row, stockinette for 5 rows. Knit next purl row (you are now reversing stockinette pattern as on back and front of sweater). Purl next row and continue to stockinette for 4 more rows. (6 purl rows). Purl next row. Resume stockinette by knitting next row and increasing 1 st each end of needle every 6 rows 3 times until sleeve measures 17 (17 1/2-18)’’ from beginning or desired length to armhole.
Armholes: Bind off 2 (2-2) sts at beg. of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st each end of needle every 3rd row until 6 (6-6) sts remain. Bind off.
● Collar: Cast on 58 (60-60) sts. Stockinette for 6 rows. Bind off.
● Finishing: Using split length of Monique, with front and back pieces inside out, sew side seams together matching “bump to bump” or “notch to notch”. Sew sleeve seams in same manner. Match underarm seams and sew raglan armholes. Now turn sweater right side out and with split Monique weave sts at seam edge together, thus closing up seam. Weave raglan seams also.
Using #J crochet hook and 4 strands of yarn, sc around neck edge. Sc around sleeve edges and body if desired.